August 23, 2016

BOUT OF BOOKS READ-A-THON UPDATES - 8/22 to 8/28

 

I am participating in the Bout of Books Readathon. I will be posting daily updates on my reading here.  Friday I have outpatient surgery (nothing serious at all) so that day and Saturday might be a total wash, but the rest of the week I hope to be reading! 

I am a multi-book reader and I decided that instead of a fresh stack of books for the week I will keep working on the ones I am in the middle of and start a couple more just for fun.

MONDAY
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 4
Total Pages Read: 102

The Fireman by Joe Hill (31 pages)
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (38 pages)
Queen's Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle (33 pages)

 TUESDAY
  Total Hours Spent Reading: 4.75 hours
Total Pages Read: 187

A God in Every Stone by Kamila Shamsie (27 pages)
The Heretic Daughter by Kathleen Kent (43 pages)
Somewhere South of Tuscany by Diana Armstrong (30 pages)
The Fireman by Joe Hill (57 pages)
Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon (30 pages)

WEDNESDAY
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 0
Total Pages Read: 0

Unfortunately, I didn't get anything read yesterday. Technically, I read 30 pages of Dragonfly in Amber early early in the morning, but I counted it for Tuesday.  I've already started reading for today.  How are you doing with the read-a-thon so far?

THURSDAY
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 2
Total Pages Read: 48

The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist (48 pages)

 FRIDAY
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 0
Total Pages Read: 0

I had outpatient surgery this morning and was out cold the rest of the day and night. I knew this was going to be a day I couldn't read, though.

 SATURDAY
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 6
Total Pages Read: 188 pages

A God in Every Stone by Kamila Shamsie (19 pages)
Selling Scarlett (Love Inc #1) by Ella James (51 pages)
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (25 pages)
The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers #1) by Nancy Madore (93 pages)

SUNDAY 
 Total Hours Spent Reading: 2
Total Pages Read: 30

The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu (30 pages)



FOR THE WEEK TOTAL
Hours Spent Reading: 18.75 - close to what I hoped, but still under.

Total # of Pages Read: 555
That is equivalent with about 2 books, so that is pretty darn good for me, especially considering I wasn't able to read a couple of the days.  I consider this Bout of Books a success!

 
Did you participate in Bout of Books this go-round?
What did you read?  How did you like it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!