February 16, 2016

#BBAW - Heather aka Capricious Reader Interviews Yours Truly

 Day OneIntroduce yourself (1)

When Heather first told me that she and Andi were bringing back BBAW, I got super excited!  I remember BBAW from way back in the day and it has always been a great community builder.  It did have some kinks that needed to be worked out, but if you leave something in the hands of Heather and Andi, it's gonna be *pow* in your face awesome.   Amiright or amiright?

Today in true BBAW spirit, is interview day.  I got the chance to interview my lovely friend and blogger, Heather aka Capricious Reader.  I've met her IN REAL LIFE. That's right. Be jealous. I would be. She's kind of sweet and hilarious and amazing. I hope you each get the opportunity to hang out with her, too. 

You can read my interview questions for Heather on her blog here.  Heather also interviewed me and here it is for you!



1) How long have you been blogging and how has your blog changed over time? What do you hope to continue to get out of it?
I started this blog 7 years ago.  I can hardly believe it has been that long!  I first got into blogging after quitting my job as a teacher to move back home and take care of my father.  I fell in love with it immediately.  As much as the writing, I fell in love with the community.  I know I've said this a thousand times, but this truly an amazing community of people!  The community has been there for me through the death of my father, going back to grad school, break-ups, becoming fully disabled - I had no idea that people I would meet online would become some of the best friends I would ever have.
I think that I have grown into blogging.  I am of the mind to never change older book reviews to reflect where I am today.  I am just doing this as a hobby and I would prefer to leave it as is and have the blog reflect my growth.  I have been through a lot of life changes so sometimes my blog is better than other times (at least to me) and I'm pretty okay with that.  It's real.  Going forth into the future I hope to continue to just be myself in my blog.  It has gotten me this far and I think this is a good spot to be in for me. 
Okay, I promise the rest of the answers are not that long, lol. 

2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
THE COMMUNITY.  WHAT!!!  HOLLA!!

This community is amazing and you guys are definitely hands-down, 100% my favorite thing about blogging.  

3) If you could have dinner with any author past or present, who would it be? What would you talk about?
Toughie.  I'd like to be able to talk with and hang out with so many authors.  But probably at the top of my list is Diane Chamberlain.  I met her in 2014 and found her charming and intelligent and fascinating.  She is as good at telling stories in real life as on the page.  Yeah, I want to talk to her more. Definitely.
 

4) If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs - such as food and water - were taken care of, what three items would you want to have with you? And by items, I mean books.
Ha!  Way to turn my hard question around on me.  Touche!
Okay.  I am assuming that boxed series count right?  Because they are technically items that are books, correct?  Leave it to me to find a loophole!
So, obviously, I'd bring the Harry Potter series because honestly, is life worth living if HP isn't in it?  I'm not sure.
I'd also bring The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran because I can't help it I love that story. Love it.
My third would be Saga by Brian K. Vaughn.  Become comics.
 

5) How many books do you own? Ballpark is fine, but be honest!
I just did the Kon-Mari method on my books a couple months ago and got rid of boxes of books.  I am currently at around 400 physical books.  E-books are at 408.  So 800 books.  I am sure this is small potatoes to most of you!  I am waiting on my Beauty & the Beast library, but alas...

6) Right now, without really stopping to think about it, what are your top ten favorite books of all time?
 OMG Heather.  What an evil, evil question.
I won't forget this, friend. *side eye*  *more side eye*
Okay...
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
1984 by George Orwell
Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Saga: Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughn
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

7) What are some of your other hobbies? What do you do when you're not reading?
I like to draw and paint a lot.  I also like to sing, mostly karaoke.  But I love music and listen to it all the time.  I like to do yoga. I love swimming.  I love dancing.  I like just going out to lunch with friends.  I also, unsurprisingly, hang out in bookstores a lot.

8) What are your top three most read posts on your blog? 


Most Read Post: Comforting Books to Read When You're Feeling Down

Second Most Read: Take Me Away in Books...to Amish Culture
Third Most Read: Take Me Away in Books...to Fiji

Actually all of my Take Me Away posts are some of the highest, most read posts on the blog.  Maybe I should bring that feature back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!