January 13, 2016

What Do You Think? - Characters You Want as Your BFFs


Question: What attributes in a character make you want to be best friends with him/her?

My Answer:
It's pretty much, more or less, the things I want in a best friend IRL.

1) Fierceness - a la Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Tris (Divergent), Ryanne (BlackMoon Beginnings) or Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) - this category literally has too many to list
I am okay with people working on their fierceness IRL, but you gotta be striving.  I am Dauntless, like Tris, so I'm not trying to be friends with people who are scared of the world or scared of breaking the glass ceiling or challenging the status quo.  I want to know people who strive to improve themselves and the world. No static characters, please.

2) Kindness - a la Emma (Emma by Jane Austen), Krista (Meant to Be), Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany's), or Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
If you cannot be kind and compassionate, please move along. I'm big on empathy.

3) Intelligence - a la Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Jo (Little Women), or Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
We have brains for a reason - to use them.  Amiright?

4) Good Sense of Humor - a la Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), Veronica Speedwell (A Curious Beginning), or Johanna Morrigan (How to Build a Girl)
Is there anyone who doesn't look for this in a friend?

5) Layered - a la Nimona (Nimona), A.J. Fikry (The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry), or Nefertari (The Heretic Queen)
I don't want to know everything about you within a month or even years of knowing you.  I want to know the big things, but I like complex.  It's one of the things I love about my bf, John, after 6 years, I am still learning new things about him.  


What about you?  What do you think?  Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!