December 7, 2015

Thoughts on What I'm Reading 12.7.15


This meme is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

if you're looking at # of pages in the books below, no these aren't typos. I'm reading 3 books with 336 pages and two books with 384 pages. Weirdness.

Also, I have been EXTREMELY A.D.D. this week.  Just....a hot mess, honestly.
My reading is all over the place.  All over.  I keep starting books as if I don't have a dozen already going. I'm not sure why this week has been so hard for the focusing, but it has.  BUT, I have lots of thoughts on what I'm reading, so check it out!

Tell me any thoughts you have on what I'm reading and I want
to hear about what you're reading, too!

FINISHED READING:

not a thing, jelly beans

 CURRENTLY READING:


In Our Backyard: Human Trafficking in America and What 
We Can Do To Stop It by Nita Belles
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 240
This Week: 52-60%
Pages Read: 20
Thoughts This Week:This is such an information-dense book and emotionally overwhelming. I can't wait to find an organization to get involved with close by me. I've looked and a couple have lost funding so I'm still on the lookout.

  
She's Not There by P.J. Parrish
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 49-57%
Pages Read: 30
Thoughts This Week: I love her grandmother, but I'm really really ready for the climax of the story.  She's slowly unraveling who she is, which is totally realistic.  At the same time, I'm ready for some more action in the story.  It's very character-driven and I like Amelia, and Buchanan is a wild card, but I do want some action now.

Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 25-40%
Pages Read: 50
Thoughts This Week: I was lost for a while thinking I missed a HUGE scene, but it turns out it is told after the 'punishment' for the action. I was so confused.  It was being told linearly, then it switched on me. It's not that it didn't make sense, but I was thrown for a loop.

What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 11-20%
Pages Read: 31
Thoughts This Week: I like Kate so it's fun just reading about her. I like that there is a romantic story line, but it is a secondary story line. I think we are just getting to the point where the mystery starts. The girl has just gone missing.
 

Compulsion (Heirs of Watson Island #1) by Martina Boone
On pg. 97 of 464
Pages Read This Week: 97
Thoughts This Week: Full of intrigue. I like the characters and there are secrets on top of secrets to unravel. It is very easy to read and I found myself lost in it, which I love!

 
The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 0-6%
Pages Read: 20
Thoughts This Week: I am not sure I like Genevieve.  She's whiny. I respect she's leaving to do what she needs to do, but I'm not a fan of her right now.  That makes it hard to get into.
 
 A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 0-5%
Pages Read:16
Thoughts This Week: This is reminding me of Esther by Rebecca Kanner.  Taken from her village by the ruler. But the rest of the book should be different.  I hope.

Tightrope by Simon Mawer
On pg. 28 of 512
Pages Read This Week: 28
Thoughts This Week: She's got a really mysterious vibe going on.  Is she a war hero or a war criminal? I can't wait to find out.

Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing, Natural Skin Care Soaps
by Anne-Marie Faiola
On pg. 35 of 240
Thoughts: Dude. This soapmaking has a lot of chemistry. This is going to be harder than I thought
So many rules and things to do just right.  Yikes!

Shiver (Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
On pg. 78 of 390
Pages Read: 34
Thoughts This Week: I am enjoying this.  Good twist on the werewolf tale.



The Fictional 100: Ranking the Most Influential Characters in World Literature and Legend by Lucy Pollard-Gott
Goodreads Link
On pg. 52 of 496
Pages Read: 8
Learned This Week About: Sherlock Holmes - loved it.

 
Here is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History by Andrew Carroll
Goodreads Link
On pg. 86 of 500
Pages Read This Week: 0
Didn't get to it this week.



 The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance: A Memoir by Elna Baker
Goodreads Link
Recommended by my BFF
On pg. 54 of 276
Pages Read:0
Didn't get to This Week




STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 13
Total Books Read in 2015: 369
Pages Read This Update: 
Total Pages Read in 2015: 22,640
I wonder if I can get to 30,000 pages by Dec. 31st.
Maybe 25,000.

REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next. 

~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  


Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!