December 28, 2015

Thoughts on What I'm Reading 12.28.15


This meme is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

I am still in a very A.D.D. place so my reading is all over the place!
And somehow I'm reading one WWII book and 2 WWI books at the same time. 
I never do things like that.  
That is how scatterbrained I am right now. 

This update is for the past 3 weeks and I should've made more progress than I have...but it is what it is, y'all.  I'm getting back in the groove now that it is post-Christmas.

As always, please tell me any thoughts you have on what I'm reading and I want
to hear about what you're reading, too!

FINISHED READING:

Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing, Natural Skin Care Soaps
by Anne-Marie Faiola
Pages Read: 205
Read review here.

 
In Our Backyard: Human Trafficking in America and What 
We Can Do To Stop It by Nita Belles
# of Pages: 240
This Week: 60-100%
Pages Read: 96
Review to come.

   
She's Not There by P.J. Parrish
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 57-100%
Pages Read:166
Review to come.

Witch and Wizard: Battle for Shadowland by James Patterson, et. al
Pages Read: 104
Thoughts: The artwork was amazing. Story mostly good. 3.5 Stars

 
 Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Pages Read: 272
Thoughts: 4 STARS.  Only problem is...I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!!

TO GO BACK TO LATER:

 
Here is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History by Andrew Carroll
Why: I am not feeling reading this and Fictional 100 at the same time, so I chose to keep reading Fictional 100 and save this for later.


 CURRENTLY READING:


Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 40-63%
Pages Read: 77
Thoughts This Week: There is a Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe reference and I can't hate on that.  That book is amazing and Nigerian.  Well done, Okparanta, on that ref.

What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 20-38%
Pages Read: 60
Thoughts This Week: Fast-paced and engaging. I keep thinking of the Duke basketball team while reading this and wonder if it held any inspiration for Hartzler.
 

Compulsion (Heirs of Watson Island #1) by Martina Boone
On pg. 129 of 464
Pages Read This Week:32
Thoughts This Week: Still good. I'm intrigued what the deal is with the plantations and the three families.

 
The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 6-17%
Pages Read: 37
Thoughts This Week: I like her better but time will tell if it's a book that will make me feel anything.
 
 A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
# of Pages: 336
This Week: 5-23%
Pages Read: 61
Thoughts This Week: I am enjoying this. I have not read The Arabian Nights so this is all fresh to me.

Tightrope by Simon Mawer
On pg. 28 of 512
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts This Week: I misplaced this and didn't get to it. I found it and now I will be back to reading it.



none right now

Shiver (Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
On pg. 143 of 390
Pages Read: 65
Thoughts This Week: I don't know if this is amazing, but I do like it.




The Fictional 100: Ranking the Most Influential Characters in World Literature and Legend by Lucy Pollard-Gott
Goodreads Link
On pg. 90 of 496
Pages Read: 38
Learned This Week About:
"Cinderella-type folklore was one of many sources informing Shakespeare's play (King Lear)."
Read about several of Shakespeare's characters, Arjuna, and 2 biblical figures.
This book is great.


 The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance: A Memoir by Elna Baker
Goodreads Link
Recommended by my BFF
On pg. 92 of 276
Pages Read: 38
Thoughts This Week: This is such a cute story.

Under the Same Blue Sky by Pamela Schoenewaldt
Tanya recommended!
On pg. 37 of 352
Pages Read: 37
Thoughts This Week:  Liking it so far. I feel like I have known this family forever already!

 The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Goodreads Link
On pg. 56 of 552
Pages Read: 56
Thoughts This Week: I saw this screaming at me from the box of books I was re-organizing and I sat down to read back cover and next thing I know I'd read 56 pages of it!

 Deathwatch by Dana Marten
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 168
This Week: 0-18%
Pages Read: 30
Thoughts: This is about the only time of year I read romances, so here we are!  This one has a military man, which is my favorite kind of romance.

 Runes (Runes #1) by Ednah Walters
Goodreads Link
On pg. 39 of 245
Pages Read: 39
Thoughts This Week: Reading on Wattpad. First time I've tried Wattpad.  Not bad at all.    

STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 14
Total Books Read in 2015: 79
Pages Read This Update: 1413
Total Pages Read in 2015: 24,053

REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next. 

~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  

Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!