December 8, 2015

Classics Club: #11 Spin

So I lucked out when reading posts today and found out it is time for the Classics Club Spin.  I ALWAYS miss it.  I am either already reading a classic book so I don't want to add in another with the spin or I just forget it altogether. 

So, if you don't know, the Classics Club Spin is where you list 20 classics you want to read and you post it by a certain date (which I missed by one day, but I did not look at the spin number before making this list) and then next week they announce the number 1-20 that the spin lands on, and whatever corresponding book is next to that number in your list is what you read.  It's both exciting and fun, but when you are a very big mood-reader it is also a bit nerve-wracking.  You have to read it by February 1, 2016, but that's mostly for the prize, I think, so I'm not holding that to myself if like that 500 page tomb #2 on my list gets chosen! 

My technique was to list the classics that I already own as part of Andi's #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks challenge.


My Classics Club Spin List:
  1.  Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  2. Inferno by Dante Alighieri
  3. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  4. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  5. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
  6. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  7. The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
  8. Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  9. Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
  10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  11. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
  12. The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
  13. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
  14. Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
  15. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  16. The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
  17. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
  18. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  19. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  20.  On the Road by Jack Kerouac


Are you doing the Classics Club?  Are you doing the Spin #11?  


Okay, so now that the list is made, I have gone back to check out what the Spin number is.  It is #19.  So for me that means, Kate Chopin's The Awakening.  Which I just realized I put in the giveaway box because I discovered the writing is too small for me now that I'm an old woman. Ack!  So I need to go out and buy a replacement.  Does that still count for #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks?  Probably not so much whatsoever.  The whole point is to read what you already have.  So maybe I will get it from the library if they have a copy that I can read more easily.  Ah, well.  It was the thought that counted, Andi!

Me missing the mark of reading my own classic books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!