November 2, 2015

What I'm Reading Mondays 11.1.15


I skipped last week because I had so much going on with the Travel the World readathon, so this is for two weeks.  I finished 3 books and abandoned one. Yesterday I started my Nonfic November book. I am also debating continuing The Library of Mount Char. I'm curious and struggling with it at the same time.

Tell me any thoughts you have on what I'm reading and on what you're reading, too!

FINISHED READING:


The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter
Pages Read This Week: 71
Review coming this week.
 

 Return Once More (The Historians #1) by Trisha Leigh
*Blog Tour on Oct. 29th*
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 289
This Week: 9-100%
Pages Read: 263
Read review here  


  Into the Mummy's Tomb, edited by John Richard Stephens
*For R.I.P. X*
On pg. 197 of 352
Pages Read This Week: 155
3 STARS


ABANDONED/TRY AGAIN LATER:
  

The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
Read review explaining why here.


CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


  The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 9-19%
Pages Read This Week: 38
Thoughts This Week: I feel bad for her BFF.


The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 390
This Week: 28-%
Pages Read This Week:0
Thoughts This Week: I'm on the fence about continuing this one.

Me, My Hair, and I: Twenty-Seven Women Untangle an Obsession
by Elizabeth Benedict
Goodreads Link
On pg. 219 of 336
Pages Read This Week:138
Thoughts This Week: Two of the stories I skimmed because they were similar to previous stories, but other than that this collection is really amazing.


Dream the Impossible Dream (Zen Pencils, Vol. 2) by Gavin Aung Than
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 176
Pages Read: 67
Thoughts So Far: Such an awesome book.  Love the illustrations, too.


In Our Backyard: Human Trafficking in America and What 
We Can Do To Stop It by Nita Belles
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 240
This Week: 18-26%
Pages Read:19
Thoughts This Week: Amazing book. Personal stories, statistics and information on who, what, when, where, how.  What we can do to prevent, protect, stop trafficking. I'm going to go out on a limb and go ahead and recommend this book.
  


Esther by Rebecca Kanner
# of Pages: 400
This Week: 9-34%
Pages Read: 100
Thoughts This Week: I'm so absorbed in this story. I knew I would be. I find Esther fascinating.

She's Not There by P.J. Parrish
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 15-25%
Pages Read: 39
Thoughts This Week: Well there goes the mystery of who she was (well she doesn't know, the reader does), so I guess the mystery is why she is running even though she has amnesia?



The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #2) by Erika Johansen
On pg. 28 of 515
Pages Read: 64
Thoughts This Week: I'm on the fence about this new Lily character. Depends on how she fits in to the whole thing.  But I am loving everything else, just as I did in the first book.


The Universe in a Single Atom by His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Goodreads Link
On pg. 27 of 224
Pages Read: 27
Thoughts This Week: Already underlined five sentences/parts.




STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 9
Total Books Read in 2015: 69
Pages Read This Update: 981
Total Pages Read in 2015: 20,810


REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next. 
I haven't started Tangled Webs or Tying Down the Lion, which have been next for a while, 
yet because of similar story situations in books I'm already reading. 


~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  



Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!