November 7, 2015

Abandoned: The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins

I tried, but after the initial "wow" factor, I slowly kept losing interest until I just have to admit I don't want to finish the book.

Don't? Maybe can't. I want to know the mystery of the library and just who in the eff "Father" is, but I have absolutely zero interest in trudging along through these chapters to get there.

The problem is while the mystery is intriguing, I don't care one bit about any of the characters. They all seem a bit selfish and a bit off, which the latter is really to be expected considering, but not one of these 12, including Carolyn, make me want to read about them.

Then there is Erwin. Erwin is not even a believable character - and this is a story in which nothing in it is very believable.

I wasn't scared - maybe that comes later - and I wasn't entertained. It was just a big plot hole that I was waiting to be filled in and with each scrap of plot Hawkins gave me, I actually got LESS interested.

Many readers and bloggers whom I know and respect and who have similar tastes to mine liked this book, but it just did not do anything for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!