October 19, 2015

#TTWIBRAT - World Lit I Want to Read

"Image courtesy of potowizard at FreeDigitalPhotos.net"


I'm very excited to have our 2nd Annual Readathon!  I am even more excited that Lucy (Fictional 100) and Aloi (Guiltless Reading) are joining us as hosts!  They are awesome people, truly.  The readathon lasts until the end of October and is laid-back so you don't feel any stress!  This year we have integrated some more fun into the readathon.  We've got daily discussion topics, author and blogger guest posts, mini-challenges, giveaways, and an Instagram Photo Challenge!  Click here for the full daily schedule of events!


Today's Discussion Topic is World Lit I Want to Read.  

During last year's readathon, I shared numerous posts about books I want to read in World Lit.  This year I thought I would share the books in World Lit I am hoping to read by next year's readathon.  Much more of an immediate goal. :)

First, the books I'm currently reading since this includes my first readathon choice, then the books I want to read before Fall 2016 arrives.  Some are review copies, some are just on my TBR that I can't wait to get to.  Under the pics I have listed the title and author, the country, and I linked to the Goodreads profile for the book so you can read the summary of the book.  I was going to add them into the post itself but it started getting really long lol

(Click here to see my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge Map, to see everywhere I've traveled to in books since I began this challenge.)

CURRENTLY READING:



Esther by Rebecca Kanner (Persia, or present-day Iran)
The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman (St. Thomas in the Caribbean & France)
The Girl from Krakow by Alex Rosenberg (Poland)


WANT TO READ:


A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston (Ancient Arabian Peninsula, so counting for Saudi Arabia)
Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta (Nigeria) (I already have Nigeria for Travel the World in Books Challenge, but this is a review book and I love reading about Nigeria)
To Hell and Back: The Last Train from Hiroshima by Charles Pellegrino (Japan) (also a repeat country but review book)
The People of Forever Are Not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu (Israel)
The Poet Slave of Cuba: A Biography of Juan Francisco Manzano by Margarita Engle (Cuba)
The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi (Afghanistan)
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas (Venezuela)
We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families by Philip Gourevitch (Rwanda)


What about you?  What is on your World Lit to-read list?  What World Lit do you plan to read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!