October 27, 2015

#TTWIBRAT - Classic World Lit


When I was putting together collages of world lit classics that I've read, especially while listing them out below the graphics, I realized something - while I read a lot of modern Asian and African lit, I read a lot of classics from Europe.  Especially Italy. I need to broaden my classic world lit horizons!!  But here's what I've gotten read thus far:

 


AFRICA:
  • NIGERIA - Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
  • EGYPT - Egyptian Ideas of The Future Life by Sir E.A. Wallis Budge
AMERICAS:
  • COLOMBIA - Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • CHILE - The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda
ASIA:
  • INDIA - Indian Fairy Tales, edited by Joseph Jacobs
  • INDIA - Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse 
EUROPE:
  •  GREECE - Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
  •  ITALY - Aenid by Virgil
  •  ITALY - I'm Not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti
  •  ITALY - The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
  •  ITALY - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
  •  FRANCE - Candide by Voltaire
  •  FRANCE - The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  •  POLAND - Night by Elie Wiesel
  •  NETHERLANDS - The Diary of Anne Frank
  •  GERMANY - Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
  •  UNITED KINGDOM - Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

 Can you recommend me some classic world lit in Africa, Asia, and the Americas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!