October 19, 2015

It's Monday, This is What I'm Reading 10.19.15


This week I finished one novel, 3 novellas, and a short nonfiction. I also started a couple of new books during readathon that I didn't get finished.

Tell me any thoughts you have on what I'm reading and on what you're reading, too!

FINISHED READING:
 

A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
# of Pages:352
This Week: 72-100%
Pages Read This Week: 99
Read review here.


The Song of Hiawatha by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Goodreads Link
Pages Read This Week:45
Review to come.

March (Book 1) by John Lewis
*Readathon*
Pages Read: 121
5 STARS

Origins: The Fire (Mila 2.0 #0.5) by Debra Driza
*Readathon*
Pages Read: 15
3 STARS

We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
*Readathon*
Pages Read: 32
5 STARS

CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
On pg. 163 of 442
Pages Read This Week:0
Thoughts This Week: Didn't get to it this week.

  The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 5-9%
Pages Read This Week:15
Thoughts This Week: I love this quote on the history/resolve of the Jews as a people:
"My father had told me that no matter how comfortable we might feel, we must live like fish, unattached to any land. Some fish could stay in the mud for months, even years, and when at last there was a high flooding tide, they would swim away, a dark flash, remembered only by their own kind. So perhaps the stories they told of our people were true: no net could hold us."


The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 390
This Week: 20-28%
Pages Read This Week: 31
Thoughts This Week: Still unsure I am following this, so why is it still compelling?

Me, My Hair, and I: Twenty-Seven Women Untangle an Obsession
by Elizabeth Benedict
Goodreads Link
On pg. 81 of 336
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts This Week: Didn't get to it this week.


In Our Backyard: Human Trafficking in America and What We Can Do To Stop It
by Nita Belles
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 240
This Week: 9-18%
Pages Read: 22
Thoughts This Week: I tried to find some local organizations involved in stopping human trafficking, but it looks like it lost its funding in 2013. Bummer.
  
Return Once More (The Historians #1) by Trisha Leigh
*Blog Tour on Oct. 29th*
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 289
This Week: 0-9%
Pages Read: 26
Thoughts This Week: Interested to see where this goes. Time travel is very hit-or-miss with me, but so far I'm intrigued.




Esther by Rebecca Kanner
# of Pages: 400
This Week: 0-9%
Pages Read: 36
Thoughts This Week: I've been a big fan of Esther's story since I watched the movie One Night with the King (which I highly recommend).  Kanner's take is just as interesting.  I'm hooked.

She's Not There by P.J. Parrish
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 0-15%
Pages Read: 57
Thoughts This Week: Fast-paced and the mysteries keep hitting.



The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #2) by Erika Johansen
On pg. 28 of 515
Pages Read: 28
Thoughts This Week: Already right back in the Tearling. Can't wait to see what happens!




The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter
On pg. 222 of 293
Pages Read This Week: 52
Thoughts This Week: I didn't even know that could happen.

Into the Mummy's Tomb, edited by John Richard Stephens
*For R.I.P. X*
On pg. 197 of 352
Pages Read This Week: 18
Thoughts This Week: Read Poe's story, Some Words with a Mummy. It was entertaining, but not one of my favorites of Poe or the anthology.




STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 66
Pages Read This Update: 597
Total Pages Read in 2015: 19,829


REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next. 
I haven't started Tangled Webs or Tying Down the Lion, which have been next for a while, 
yet because of similar story situations in books I'm already reading. 


~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  



Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!