September 14, 2015

What I'm Reading Mondays 9.14.15


This post shows the last two weeks of reading for me.  Well, technically, up until this past Friday.  Why? Right now I am visiting my great aunt and uncle in no-mans land West Alabama.  But my aunt and uncle rock, so it's all worth it. But that's why I scheduled this post before I left Saturday.  No internet in no-man's land.

This week I started Illuminae, but had issues with the PDF so I ended up stopping (which grieves me because it was so good from page 1) and e-mailing the publisher begging for a print copy so I could read all of the tiny print on the documents.  The file wouldn't zoom for whatever reason.

I also started Mort by Terry Pratchett, Not on Fire but Burning by Greg Hrbek, and Into the Mummy's Tomb, which I am reading for R.I.P. X.  I finished 3 books that I've been reading for weeks.  

Tell me your thoughts on what I'm reading and what you're reading, too!



FINISHED READING:
  


 Cold Deception by D.B. Tait
# of Pages: 274
This Week: 68-100%
Pages Read This Week:88


Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
On pg. 390 of 485
Pages Read This Week: 95
Review to come soon.

A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz
# of Pages: 280
This Week: 50-100%
Pages Read This Week: 140




CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:

 

 The Vagabond Vicar by Charlotte Brentwood
# of Pages: 279
This Week: 55-61%
Pages Read This Week: 17
Thoughts This Week: This kinda needs more conflict at this point. I still like the characters, just not a lot happening.


About a Girl: A Novel by Sarah McCarry
# of Pages: 256
This Week: 60-88%
Pages Read This Week: 72
Thoughts This Week: Magical realism, diverse characters, exploring sexuality, a town where you forget everything, this place is strange, but intriguing.  And what's Kate's deal,I wonder? She just fell out of the story and back into it again.






Nothing But Your Memories by H.B. Clementine
On pg. 73 of 131
Pages Read This Week: 22
Thoughts This Week: This city is pretty cushy. Too bad you can only experience it for one year at a time, once a decade.  Who came up with this plan for the city?  Kick his ass.



The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
On pg. 55 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 10
Thoughts This Week: I have to confess I went back and re-read part of it because I realized I missed something. That's what happens when you fall asleep reading.



 A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
# of Pages:352
This Week: 13-27%
Pages Read This Week: 50
Thoughts This Week: I like Veronica.  She's feisty and clever.


Not on Fire, But Burning by Greg Hrbek
# of Pages:275
This Week: 0-10%
Pages Read This Week: 27
Thoughts This Week: I was hooked immediately.

BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:
none right now

LIBRARY LOOT:
 
Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters
*Rec'd by my Mom*
On pg. 90 of 262
Pages Read: 24
Thoughts This Week: I wanna stay the night in a tomb! Does that make me crazy or adventurous and daring?  Hmm...maybe a little bit of both?


Mort (Discworld #4) by Terry Pratchett

*Mandy recommended*
On pg. 19 of 295
Pages Read: 19
Thoughts This Week: Explain to me why I've procrastinated picking up his books. I've got nothing!



NON-ARCs from TBR Pile (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter
On pg. 33 of 293
Pages Read This Week:0
Thoughts This Week: --

 
Into the Mummy's Tomb, edited by John Richard Stephens
*For R.I.P. X*
On pg. 63 of 352
Pages Read This Week:63
Thoughts This Week: So far I've learned background on the Mummy's Curse origins, and found that Louisa May Alcott writes a pretty creepy mummy story.




STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read in 2015: 56
Pages Read This Update:627
Total Pages Read in 2015: 18,422



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.







~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  



Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!