September 28, 2015

What I'm Reading Monday 9.28.15


I am still having a flare-up (ugh), BUT I did get a *little* more reading accomplished this week (Yay!)  I finished a review book, written by a young woman who was 14 at the time.  Review coming soon.  I also started several more books (huge shocker).

Tell me your thoughts on what I'm reading and what you're reading, too!

FINISHED READING:
  

Nothing But Your Memories by H.B. Clementine
On pg. 73 of 131
Pages Read This Week: 58
Review to Come.

CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:



The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
On pg. 102 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 35
Thoughts This Week: I like Rosenberg's blending of historical facts and fictional characters.  There are not any info dumps, yet you know exactly what is happening in the war. Thank you, skilled storytelling.


 A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
# of Pages:352
This Week: 34-44%
Pages Read This Week: 35
Thoughts This Week: One word: ouch.


Not on Fire, But Burning by Greg Hrbek
# of Pages:275
This Week: 17-26%
Pages Read This Week: 25
Thoughts This Week: Still good!


A Woman of Note by Carol M. Cann
Goodreads Link
On pg. 42 of 358
Pages Read This Week: 42
Thoughts This Week: Cann's writing puts you right into 19th-century Venice. I'm already intrigued by Isabette, Amelia, and Josef.

The Song of Hiawatha by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
*For Project Gutenberg Project*
Goodreads Link
On pg. 26 of 192
Pages Read This Week: 26
Thoughts This Week: Interesting stanzas. I keep picking out parts to save because the lines are beautiful.

The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
Goodreads Link
# of Pages: 390
This Week: 0-6%
Pages Read This Week: 23
Thoughts This Week: Hooked from the FIRST sentence. That is all.



Me, My Hair, and I: Twenty-Seven Women Untangle an Obsession
by Elizabeth Benedict
Goodreads Link
On pg. 33 of 336
Pages Read This Week:33
Thoughts This Week: Like it a lot. I had actually read the first essay weeks ago and forgot about it until Shannon mentioned the book on her blog last week. Ack!



  Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters
*Rec'd by my Mom*
On pg. 169 of 262
Pages Read: 48
Thoughts This Week: Whoa, mummy! I'm at the part where shit gets real. ;)

Mort (Discworld #4) by Terry Pratchett 
*Mandy recommended*
On pg. 87 of 295
Pages Read: 27
Thoughts This Week: Still interesting! I really like the character Death. Mort is growing on me.




The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter
On pg. 92 of 293
Pages Read This Week:0
Thoughts This Week: Didn't get to it this week.


Into the Mummy's Tomb, edited by John Richard Stephens
*For R.I.P. X*
On pg. 101 of 352
Pages Read This Week: 26
Thoughts This Week: I like these mummy stories!





STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 59
Pages Read This Update: 378
Total Pages Read in 2015: 18,800


REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next. 







~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  



Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!