August 3, 2015

What I'm Reading Now 8.3.15


 The past two weeks have been cra-zy.  If you haven't seen on FB or Twitter, my leg is messed up from a car/pedestrian accident two weeks ago.  It could've been worse.  But anyway I've had lots of time to read and lots of reading I've been doing!  I'm in one of my reading-a-dozen-books-at-once phases, lol.  I've needed the distraction and it's totally worked.  I'm oddly in love with every single book I'm reading right now. Not that I'm complaining.  This should totally happen more often!

So what about you?  
What did you read this past week?  What are you currently reading?
What are you planning to read next? Give me the deets!


FINISHED READING:



Mary Hades (Mary Hades #1) by Sarah Dalton
# of Pages: 286
This Week: 28-100%
Pages Read This Week: 206
Review to come.



TO GO BACK TO LATER:


 

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
On pg. 417 of 627
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts This Week: I couldn't renew it from library again, and honestly I had kind of been on Scottish Highlands overload anyway.  I will check it out again soon and finish it up.



CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
On pg. 204 of 485
Pages Read This Week:62
Thoughts This Week: I hate PDFs, but as far as PDFs go, at least this one is a fast read.

 

The Fire Sermon (Fire Sermon #1) by Francesca Haig
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 36-67%
Pages Read This Week:119
Thoughts: I hope this has a bangin' ending.


Rebel Queen by Michelle Moran
*Also qualifies for Travel the World in Books Challenge*
# of Pages: 352
This Week: 18-39%
Pages Read This Week: 74
Thoughts This Week:  Strange story, but interesting nonetheless. I like Sita. She's not some dumb girl. She's intelligent, honorable, and kick-ass.  Even in early 19th century India.

 


 The Vagabond Vicar by Charlotte Brentwood
# of Pages: 279
This Week: 9-30%
Pages Read This Week:58
Thoughts This Week:  It reminds me of Austen in the way it is written. I like that, though.



 The Silver Swan by Elena Delbanca
# of Pages: 241
This Week: 15-41%
Pages Read This Week: 62
Thoughts This Week: This is actually very interesting to me considering it is a character-driven book and I like plot-driven books as a rule.
 


 Cold Deception by D.B. Tait
# of Pages: 274
This Week: 0-28%
Pages Read This Week:76
Thoughts This Week:  The murder's already happened.  Time's been served. But can she adjust to the world again?  And what about what happened to her during her arrest? Gripping.



About a Girl: A Novel by Sarah McCarry
# of Pages: 256
This Week: 0-12%
Pages Read This Week:30
Thoughts This Week: This book is chock-full of diverse characters and it doesn't feel forced. It's pretty awesome.


BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


The Lovers Set Down Their Spoons by Heather A. Slomski
*Postal Book Club*
On pg. 14 of 146
Pages Read This Week:14
Thoughts This Week:  First story read.  Not sure what I just read, TBH. lol



 Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
*#AusteninAugustRBR*
# of Pages: 260
This Week: 0-6%
Pages Read This Week:15
Thoughts This Week:  I can't believe I had not read this one yet. 
Glad I have an excuse to do it now.

LIBRARY LOOT:
nothing right now


NON-ARCs from TBR Pile (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 193 of 592
Pages Read: 49
Thoughts This Week: Part two was kinda slow to me. On to part three!



Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer
*TBR Pile*
# of Pages: 524
This Week: 9-45%
Pages Read:188
Thoughts This Week: Some things are over-the-top and there is a little bit too much human world in purgatory for me to fully get immersed in the world. However, it is still a captivating story and I really like how kick-ass she is.

Bridger (Bridger #1) by Megan Curd
*TBR Pile*
*Also qualifies for Travel the World in Books Challenge*
# of Pages: 258
This Week: 0-36%
Pages Read This Week: 92
Thoughts This Week: Very absorbed in this story. I want to discover what it is that is happening to her. It's nothing I recognize.  I love the Ireland aspect, too.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 12
Total Books Read in 2015: 47
Pages Read This Update: 1045
Total Pages Read in 2015: 15,642



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.





 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!