August 31, 2015

What I'm Reading - 8.31.15


Last week I just didn't get this post put up so this is for two weeks' reading.  I finished 4 books, started a couple more, and I'm enjoying reading them. How is your reading week going?



FINISHED READING:
  

Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer
*TBR Pile*
# of Pages: 524
This Week: 79-100%
Pages Read:111


Rebel Queen by Michelle Moran
*Also qualifies for Travel the World in Books Challenge*
# of Pages: 352
This Week: 64-100%
Pages Read This Week:127


The Lovers Set Down Their Spoons by Heather A. Slomski
*Postal Book Club*
Pages Read This Week:36
Thoughts: I think the stories went over my head. I just don't get the point of most of them. I feel like I must be missing something.



 Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
*#AusteninAugustRBR*
# of Pages: 260
This Week: 55-100%
Pages Read This Week:117
Review coming this week.



TO GO BACK TO LATER:



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 202 of 592
Reason: It's been harder lately to want to read about cancer. There's been a lot of progress in the medical field in the part I am reading, but still a lot about deaths and suffering. I really like the way the book is written - it's fantastic nonfiction writing, however I need a break from it. Back on the shelf it goes for a while.


CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:

Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
On pg. 390 of 485
Pages Read This Week:133
Thoughts This Week: Sooo good! I almost don't want it to end!


 

 The Vagabond Vicar by Charlotte Brentwood
# of Pages: 279
This Week: 35-55%
Pages Read This Week: 56
Thoughts This Week: I love that Camille's into art.  I also like that she and William are both so introspective. And I like that they are both about helping people.  I love people that help people. Also, eff Mr. Barrington. That guy sucks.  He's a d**k.


 

 Cold Deception by D.B. Tait
# of Pages: 274
This Week: 34-68%
Pages Read This Week: 93
Thoughts This Week: Didn't see that coming! Just when you think things are as messed up as they are going to get...


About a Girl: A Novel by Sarah McCarry
# of Pages: 256
This Week: 49-60%
Pages Read This Week: 28
Thoughts This Week: What is going on with the memory loss? 
What is this place?



A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz
# of Pages: 280
This Week: 33-50%
Pages Read This Week: 48
Thoughts This Week: The confusing beginning has come together and now I want to know the fates of these fairies, gnomes, and tightropers.







Nothing But Your Memories by H.B. Clementine
On pg. 51 of 131
Pages Read This Week: 51
Thoughts This Week: Pretty impressive story to be written by a 14-year-old!!!




The Girl from Krakow: A Novel by Alex Rosenberg
On pg. 45 of 442
Pages Read This Week:45
Thoughts This Week: This print is hella small, you guys. If this were normal type, it would be like another 100 pages at least. It's interesting, though I do think there are a few problems with segue at times.




 A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
# of Pages:352
This Week: 0-13%
Pages Read This Week: 45
Thoughts This Week: Captivated. I hope the pace keeps up because it's great so far.

BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:
none right now


LIBRARY LOOT:
 
Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters
*Rec'd by my Mom*
On pg. 66 of 262
Pages Read: 66
Thoughts This Week: At first I wasn't sure about Amelia, but I def like her. She's sassy and interesting.


NON-ARCs from TBR Pile (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1) by Aimee Carter
On pg. 33 of 293
Pages Read This Week: 33
Thoughts This Week: Carter got me instantly hooked. I love when an author does that.




STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read in 2015: 53
Pages Read This Update: 989
Total Pages Read in 2015: 17,795



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.







~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it? 
~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  



Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!