August 10, 2015

What I'm Reading 8.10.15


 This weekend I barely read 50 pages, but I read a few hundred during the week.
I finished up The Fire Sermon and began A History of Glitter and Blood because of Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight's review intrigued me to start it immediately. I was too curious!

So what about you?  
What did you read this past week?  What are you currently reading?
What are you planning to read next? Give me the deets!


FINISHED READING:
 

The Fire Sermon (Fire Sermon #1) by Francesca Haig
# of Pages: 384
This Week: 67-100%
Pages Read This Week: 127
Thoughts: Read my review here.



CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
On pg. 204 of 485
Pages Read This Week:0
Thoughts This Week: Didn't get to it this week. 
I would have completed this book already if it was not a PDF.


Rebel Queen by Michelle Moran
*Also qualifies for Travel the World in Books Challenge*
# of Pages: 352
This Week: 39-54%
Pages Read This Week: 53
Thoughts This Week: Still liking it. :)

 

 The Vagabond Vicar by Charlotte Brentwood
# of Pages: 279
This Week: 30-35%
Pages Read This Week: 14
Thoughts This Week: I was reviewing this book before I started #AusteninAugustRBR but they are in Regency England, so I'll probably just read a few pages a week in this until I finish Northanger Abbey.



 The Silver Swan by Elena Delbanca
# of Pages: 241
This Week: 41%
Pages Read This Week: 2
Thoughts This Week: I just felt meh about it this week and something else caught my attention instead and I never went back to read more.
 


 Cold Deception by D.B. Tait
# of Pages: 274
This Week: 28-34%
Pages Read This Week: 17
Thoughts This Week:  Slow part.



About a Girl: A Novel by Sarah McCarry
# of Pages: 256
This Week: 12-37%
Pages Read This Week: 64
Thoughts This Week: So far we've only just now gotten to a point where it has even anything at all to do with what the blurb says. Who wrote that thing?



A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz
# of Pages: 280
This Week: 0-22%
Pages Read This Week: 61
Thoughts This Week: I'm so glad ShannonMiz explained it was confusing but to hang with it, because confusing it is.  But confusing in a good way.




BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


The Lovers Set Down Their Spoons by Heather A. Slomski
*Postal Book Club*
On pg. 66 of 146
Pages Read This Week:52
Thoughts This Week:  Odd little stories.



 Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
*#AusteninAugustRBR*
# of Pages: 260
This Week: 6-13%
Pages Read This Week: 18
Thoughts This Week: Slowly but surely. Wonder when the gothic part starts.


NON-ARCs from TBR Pile (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 193 of 592
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts This Week: Didn't get to it this week.



Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer
*TBR Pile*
# of Pages: 524
This Week: 45-53%
Pages Read: 42
Thoughts This Week: Slow part, but still intriguing.


Bridger (Bridger #1) by Megan Curd
*TBR Pile*
*Also qualifies for Travel the World in Books Challenge*
# of Pages: 258
This Week: 36-56%
Pages Read This Week: 52
Thoughts This Week: Aww, they left Ireland? Bummer.
I wonder what's going to happen next, though.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 12
Total Books Read in 2015: 47
Pages Read This Update: 502
Total Pages Read in 2015: 16,144



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.







 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!