July 6, 2015

What Are You Reading? 7.6.15


 This week I have had another flare-up.  I had one last weekend and was over it by Tuesday.  Then Wednesday I had another one thanks to a truly incredibly stressful day both physically and mentally. Oh joy. I am sort of coming out of it today but we will see.




As for reading, I finished one book and started the sequel (or I finished the prequel and started the first book, whichever whatever) and I DNF'd Shadow of the Night because a) I don't have time to read it, and b) it wasn't capturing my interest anyway.
So what about you?  
What did you read this week?  What are you planning to read next?


FINISHED READING:

 


My Daylight Monsters (Mary Hades 0.5) by Sarah Dalton
This Week: 71-100%
Pages Read: 36
Thoughts: 3.5 STARS - I've now started Mary Hades (Mary Hades #1).
Reviews will be together. 



TO GO BACK TO LATER:


Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness
Thoughts: I just wasn't feeling this one. Maybe I will try it again one day since I loved the first book.



CURRENTLY READING:

 REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


I Am Not a Slut: Slut-Shaming in the Age of the Internet by Leora Tanenbaum
This Week: 50-57%
Pages Read: 21
Thoughts: It's still very good, though I am skimming through some of the personal stories. It's not that they aren't important or horrifying - they are both - but that there are so many that they are starting to all blur together.




Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
On pg. 101 of 485
Pages Read This Week:50
Thoughts This Week: I am so far not a fan of Sophie on her own. I like her- and the story- better when she's interacting with Val or anyone else.

 

The Fire Sermon (Fire Sermon #1) by Francesca Haig
This Week: 7-15%
Pages Read This Week: 30
Thoughts: This is a very different dystopian than is typical - it's not the government that has taken over, but fearmongers.  "Oooh people who are different are scary scary scary!!"





Mary Hades (Mary Hades #1) by Sarah Dalton
This Week: 0-5%
Pages Read This Week: 14
Thoughts This Week: Interested to see where this section of the story takes Mary.




BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
*Travel the World in Books Readalong*
On pg. 340 of 648
Pages Read: 104
Thoughts This Week: It is getting soooo good. 
I really want to figure out all the mysteries and secrets!



LIBRARY LOOT:

 

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
On pg. 306 of 896
Pages Read: 50
Thoughts This Week: I got seriously mad at Jamie during the whole post-runaway debacle (even though I understood about the danger), but Claire redeemed the entire book with her feminist determination. Yes!



The White Queen (The Cousins' War #1) by Philippa Gregory
On pg. 85 of 408
Pages Read This Week: 17
Thoughts This Week: Slow going. I need something else to happen.
The coronation scene was interesting, but only lasted a page,
as did the wedding. There needs to be something happening in the next chapter, straight up.


NON-ARCs (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 144 of 592
Pages Read: 9
Thoughts This Week: Every week I read about 10 pages. I might be finished with this by 2016.



A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 277 of 332
Pages Read This Week: 133
Thoughts: I gotta tell you I'm skimming a lot. The war is very interesting, but the romance is like torture to read.


 
Huntress Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff
*Gift from Sandie*
On pg. 248 of 382
Pages Read: 79
Thoughts This Week: I am already recommending this book to people.



STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read in 2015: 42
Pages Read This Update: 543
Total Pages Read in 2015: 13499



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.
  

 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!