June 8, 2015

What I'm Reading This Week 6.8.15


This is one of those weeks where it is clear I have a problem.
I can't finish one book before starting another, that's a given.
But this is one of those weeks where I do it over and over again.
I want to be reading all the things!  All right now!


 


So here are all the things I'm reading right now. 
What about you?  What did you read this week?


FINISHED READING:

Not a thing, jelly bean.


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


 The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
Goodreads Link
This Week: 28-51%
Pages Read: 70
Thoughts: I like that this includes a paranormal entity that I've never heard of before, let alone read about.  How refreshing!  It's quite interesting.



I Am Not a Slut: Slut-Shaming in the Age of the Internet by Leora Tanenbaum
Goodreads Link
This Week: 10-19%
Pages Read: 27
Thoughts: I keep thinking of this girl in high school who everyone said was a slut.  So many girls apparently get called slut just because they turned a guy down. Now I'm left wondering if this girl was really promiscuous at all. Glad I never called her that.
 
  

Guyana by Elise Turcotte, Translated by Rhonda Mullins
*For Review*
*Travel the World in Books*
This Week: 30-62%
Pages Read This Week: 47
Thoughts: I'm reading this to find out whether Ana is bat-shit crazy or if she's onto the truth.



Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
This Week: 0-27%
Pages Read This Week: 86
Thoughts: Compulsively readable.  The diary entries and text messages make it fun, too.  I didn't realize how much I had read.  86 pages in one sitting has got to be some kind of record for me.  No, it is definitely a record. 


NON-ARCs (For Fun):



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*Needed a NF Fix*
On pg. 116 of 592
Pages Read:0
Thoughts: Wasn't really feeling cancer talk this week.



A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
On pg. 127 of 332
Pages Read This Week: 26
Thoughts: Not a fan of Catherine's fawning all over Henry and her
"I'll do and be whatever you want me to." attitude. I know it's WWI but, blech.



 
Huntress Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff
*Gift from Sandie*
On pg. 49 of 382
Pages Read: 29
Thoughts: I want to know what this blonde woman's deal is for sure.




Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
*When I pulled out a bunch of my Picoult books for my IG #the100daysproject,
I got in the mood to read another one.*
On pg. 25 of 455
Pages Read: 25
Thoughts: This is gonna be a heart-wrencher, I am sure.  In true Picoult style.





Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
*Library Loot*
On pg. 66 of 896
Pages Read: 66
Thoughts: Gabaldon has a talent for bringing the reader right into the setting.
I'm hooked.



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


Peace Like a River by Lief Enger
On pg. 70 of 312
Pages Read: 36
Thoughts: It's a good story, beautiful writing. I think Swede is my favorite.



The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
*Travel the World in Books June Readalong*
On pg. 74 of 648
Pages Read: 74
Thoughts: Really interesting. I'm wondering where the story is going to go.
It jumps between 1913, 1930, 2005, 1976, and 1975 in London and Brisbane mostly.
It seems all over the place, yet tightly woven at the same time.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 34
Pages Read This Update: 486
Total Pages Read in 2015: 11033


REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:
I switched up the order of some of the books. My prerogative. 
One of these will be next.
The Sarah Dalton books I'm saving for after The Haunting of Sunshine Girl.

  







 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!