June 1, 2015

What I'm Reading Now 6.1.15


Hello, readers! How was your week? Enjoying the warmer weather?  I know I am!  Winter and I do not get along.  I always feel better in the spring and summer.  I have my moments still but overall it's much improved so yay for the good months! :)

I finished Legend this week and I am already itching to get the second book in the trilogy.
I couldn't finish Sara Gruen's new book. Disappointing.
Everything else I'm reading is great!

What did you read this week?  Tell me about it!


FINISHED READING:



Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
*Needed a YA dystopian fix*
Pages Read This Week: 67
Thoughts: 4 STARS


ABANDONED/DNF:


At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
Thoughts: It became more and more dull, the characters not appealing nor interesting nor sympathetic.  Just a blah book for me.



CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


 The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
Goodreads Link
This Week: 13-28%
Pages Read: 46
Thoughts: Oh, I was not expecting that. I like when something happens and I am not expecting it.



I Am Not a Slut: Slut-Shaming in the Age of the Internet by Leora Tanenbaum
Goodreads Link
This Week: 5-10%
Pages Read: 15
Thoughts: Overall message so far: do not even call each other sluts in jest. It's not empowering.
 
  

Guyana by Elise Turcotte, Translated by Rhonda Mullins
*For Review*
*Travel the World in Books*
This Week: 12-30%
Pages Read This Week: 26
Thoughts: It's kind of like a cozy mystery.


NON-ARCs (For Fun):



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*Needed a NF Fix*
On pg. 116 of 592
Pages Read: 9
Thoughts: Read about Mary Lasker getting the party started and upping the ACS into something noticeable.



A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
On pg. 101 of 332
Pages Read This Week:33
Thoughts: I love when Henry gets sarcastic. Ha!



 
Huntress Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff
*Gift from Sandie*
On pg. 20 of 382
Pages Read: 20
Thoughts: I love that it got right to the interesting part. Off with a bang!
 


BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


Peace Like a River by Lief Enger
On pg. 34 of 312
Pages Read:0
Thoughts: Did not get to it this week.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 7
Total Books Read in 2015: 34
Pages Read This Update: 216
Total Pages Read in 2015: 10547


REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:

  







 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!