June 22, 2015

What I'm Reading 6.22.15


You guys, I read the BEST book this week.  Totally recommend it.
I also am liking all my reads, in fact.  I gotta pinch myself I'm enjoying it so much!

I rearranged my usual order a little bit for my Current Reads.  First is the review books, then my readalong, then my library loot, and then the books from my TBR pile.
 
So this is my week.  What about you?  
What did you read this week?  What are you planning to read next?


FINISHED READING:


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
This Week: 60-100%
Pages Read This Week:128
Thoughts: If you haven't already seen me blasting this all over social media, this book was amazing.  Go and read it now before all the hype descends upon you.  5 STARS
 


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


I Am Not a Slut: Slut-Shaming in the Age of the Internet by Leora Tanenbaum
This Week: 24-36%
Pages Read: 36
Thoughts: Gives good food for thought, but I cannot read much of it at a time.  It's like overkill.

 


My Daylight Monsters (Mary Hades 0.5) by Sarah Dalton
This Week: 0-42%
Pages Read: 52
Thoughts: Very interesting.  Mary is complex and mysterious.




Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles

On pg. 51 of 485
Pages Read This Week: 51
Thoughts: More telling than showing than I like, but the story is still good.




Mister Doctor by Irene Cohen-Janca, Illustrated by Maurizio A.C. Quarello
This Week: 0-54%
Pages Read: 37
Thoughts: I know this is a children's historical fiction, but I get choked up reading it, truly.  I've been reading it on my phone in waiting rooms this week and each time I'm glad when the time is up - not because it isn't good but because it is.  It's so heartbreakingly good.




BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:



The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
*Travel the World in Books June Readalong*
On pg. 176 of 648
Pages Read: 86
Thoughts: I really like this book.  I'm a bit disappointed that this is not taking place in Australia as much as the U.K., but I really want the answers to the mysteries!



LIBRARY LOOT:

 


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
On pg. 103 of 896
Pages Read: 18
Thoughts: Not to call them out, but I was told on Twitter, "just wait until you get to page 250". Bwahahaha. Love it.



Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness
On pg. 74 of 584
Pages Read:31
Thoughts: Hmm...being an Elizabethan woman doesn't sound like the greatest for a witch.



The White Queen (The Cousins' War #1) by Philippa Gregory
On pg. 40 of 408
Pages Read This Week: 40
Thoughts: First, a thought on the girl on the cover - does she not resemble Sandra Bullock?  
Is it just me?  Yes? Okay. Fair enough.  Second, Gregory tells a good story. I'm interested. 


NON-ARCs (For Fun):
aka Slower Reads generally


The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 128 of 592
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts: Didn't get to it this week.



A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 142 of 332
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: Did not get to this week.


 
Huntress Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff
*Gift from Sandie*
On pg. 99 of 382
Pages Read: 20
Thoughts: I looked up Dignity Village.  I'd never heard of it before.  It's a homeless "tent" community inside of Portland.  Very cool idea.



STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 39
I figured out the discrepancy btw. my count and GR, it was a March read called Serbian Cooking.
I didn't count page numbers, so apparently left it out of books read on GR, too.
I added it just so everything was copacetic.  
Pages Read This Update: 498
Total Pages Read in 2015: 12266



REVIEW BOOKS ON DECK:
One of these will be next.
  

 ~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
~Have you read any of the books I'm reading?  What did you think of it?




Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!