June 11, 2015

What Do You Think?: What Makes the Perfect Reading Spot?



I've been thinking a lot lately about what I really need/want in an ideal reading spot.  I usually read from my bed or from the big over-sized white leather chair in my bedroom that I was given by my parents when I left home (they were glad to get rid of it, note.)  I know my #1 necessity is comfort.  I need fluffiness or plushness or just some kind of softness.  I don't do well with hard furniture or floors anymore.  You will find me in the floor a lot doing artwork or yoga but you won't catch me down there for any book reading.  I need to be as comfy as possible or the reading will not happen.



I think the second most important thing for me is access to a table or any kind of flat surface because I need to have something to drink.  So whether I'm lounging in bed or in a chair in the sand, I need a place to sit my drink.  
 



The third element I think an ideal reading spot requires is a candle.  Obviously this is more of an inside reading spot requirement.  Or at least an at-home reading spot requirement.  I don't carry candles around with me to beaches and parks and Barnes & Noble.  But I can't argue away the calmness and focus I get from having a lovely smelling candle burning nearby while I'm reading.  I especially love it in the cold winter months.



What about you?  What do you think makes a good reading spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!