April 6, 2015

What I'm Reading 4.6.15


I haven't updated in 2 weeks.  I did not read much the first week so there wasn't much to update.  Then the next week I just had a lot going on and did not feel like updating.
So that brings us to this week.

I tried to start My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me, but I apparently forgot to download it off of NetGalley and it archived already.  Oops.  That's what happens when you get behind!

Here's a look at what I read the past two weeks and am reading now:


FINISHED READING:




The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 57-100%
Pages Read: 123
Review next week.

The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose
*For Review for France Book Tours*
On pg. 172 or 384
Pages Read: 212

Lost & Found by Brooke Davis
*For Review from Hachette*
On pg. 137 of 272
Pages Read: 135

Crane by Stacey Rourke
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 35-100%
Pages Read: 144
Review to come.


DNF:



The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Thoughts: I really, REALLY wanted to get into this one but I just couldn't. It doesn't make much sense to me since it seems like it would be right up my alley - book about books? check!  Foreign country? Check!  Historical fiction? check!  Mysteriousness? Check!  So I am not sure if it was just that it was a slower pace than I like or what but I could not get into it. Sadness.



CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 27-31%
Pages Read This Week: 13
Thoughts: This one's been put on hold while I was finishing Witch of Painted Sorrows and Mademoiselle Chanel books. It was too much France at once!



Mademoiselle Chanel by C.W. Gortner
*For Review for France Book Tours*
On pg. 288 of 384
Pages Read This Week: 238
Thoughts:  Review will be coming on Wednesday!



The Tusk That Did the Damage: A Novel by Tania James
*For Review from Publisher and Edelweiss*
This Week: 10-40%
Pages Read: 72
Thoughts: This is either going to be epic or a big disappointment. Hmm..



The After House by Michael Phillip Cash
Goodreads Link
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 0-38%
Pages Read: 74
Thoughts: Not a scary ghost story. More like a mystery story. Why is the ghost hanging out there?  Why can't he move on? 



Ten Fingers Touching by Ellen A. Roth
Goodreads Link
*For Review from Author*
*Once Upon a Time IX*
On pg. 21 of 97
Pages Read: 21
Thoughts: Set up just like a fairy tale. A lot of telling instead of showing, though.



Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 0-14%
Pages Read This Week: 47
Thoughts: I like Bolick's writing style.



NON-ARCs (For Fun):


Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 169 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 42
Thoughts: I really like this story, though it's a little slower than I prefer.



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Goodreads Link
*Needed a NF Fix*
On pg. 32 of 592
Pages Read: 18
Thoughts: This is gonna take a long time to get through, but it is fascinating.



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


A Man Called Ove: A Novel by Fredrik Backman
*Book Club*
On pg. 71 of 337
Pages Read: 71
Thoughts: Flows very well. I like it.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 9
Total Books Read in 2015: 22
Pages Read This Update: 1210
Total Pages Read in 2015: 7187




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:


 

 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  


Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!