April 20, 2015

What I'm Reading 4.20.15


Hello fellow readers!  How has your week been?

I finished three books this week - woohoo!

I was supposed to begin At the Water's Edge, but I wasn't feeling another historical fiction. So I picked up another book instead.


FINISHED READING:




Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
Pages Read This Week: 107
Thoughts: Review to come. I was disappointed in some ways.



The Tusk That Did the Damage: A Novel by Tania James
*For Review from Publisher and Edelweiss*
This Week: 62-100%
Pages Read: 91
Thoughts: Review to come.



The After House by Michael Phillip Cash
Goodreads Link
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 56-100%
Pages Read: 85
Thoughts: Review to come.
Hint: It's not a scary ghost story, but that's actually okay.


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 40-60%
Pages Read This Week: 64
Thoughts: Webb has me looking up Rodin and Camille's photographs and sculptures, as well as a Benz Motorwagen!  I always feel historical fiction is good when you desire to research the people/topics on your own.



Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 21-28%
Pages Read This Week: 24
Thoughts: Okay enough with Maeve Brennan I hope.



Talent for Humanity: Stories of Creativity, Compassion, and Courage to Inspire You
by Patrick Gaffney
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 22-22%
Pages Read This Week: 
Thoughts: I did not get to this this week.



Where Women are Kings by Christie Watson
*For Review from Other Press*
On pg. 28 of 256
Pages Read: 28
Thoughts: I'm already intrigued by Elijah, Obi, and Nikki.



NON-ARCs (For Fun):



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Goodreads Link
*Needed a NF Fix*
On pg. 51 of 592
Pages Read: 19
Thoughts: Who knew the history of cancer could be such an entertaining read?



The Book of Love, edited by Diane Ackerman and Jeanne Mackin
*For Fun*
On pg. 8 of 827
Pages Read: 8 (plus intro but they aren't counted in page #'s)
Thoughts: This is an anthology of fiction excerpts, poetry, and essays of different viewpoints in literature on love from stories on Ancient Egyptian papyrus scrolls to the thoughts of Vladimir Nobokov.  I've had it for years but forgot about it.  I re-discovered it while searching for another book!


BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


A Man Called Ove: A Novel by Fredrik Backman
*Book Club*
On pg. 137 of 337
Pages Read: 51
Thoughts: Now that I have finished up some other books I will be focusing on finishing this one.  I really like it but, like every book, I have to switch every 20-30 pages to something new or I get bored even if it's not a boring story (which this is not!)


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 7
Total Books Read in 2015: 28
Pages Read This Update: 477
Total Pages Read in 2015: 8183

Wow. Maybe I will hit 10,000 pages by the half-year mark!


REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:


  


 




~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  


Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!