April 13, 2015

What I'm Reading 4.13.15


There's nothing quite like an escape into a book when you've had a long, hard week.  Sometimes these kinds of weeks lead me not to read but this week I escaped and it was wonderful.

Here's what I read and am reading:


FINISHED READING:


Mademoiselle Chanel by C.W. Gortner
*For Review for France Book Tours*
Pages Read This Week: 96



Ten Fingers Touching by Ellen A. Roth
*For Review from Author*
*Once Upon a Time IX*
Pages Read: 76
Thoughts: My first Once Upon a Time IX read was a bit of a bust. 
Reasons why to come in a review this week.


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 31-40%
Pages Read This Week: 29
Thoughts: I'm glad she's her own person and not defined by a man, even in this time period, especially in this time period. I hope that doesn't change. I don't know the real historical story of these two.



The Tusk That Did the Damage: A Novel by Tania James
*For Review from Publisher and Edelweiss*
This Week: 40-62%
Pages Read: 52
Thoughts: I still feel it's going to be amazing or fall completely flat.



The After House by Michael Phillip Cash
Goodreads Link
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 38-56%
Pages Read: 35
Thoughts: Maybe not scary, but I'm intrigued all the same.



Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 14-21%
Pages Read This Week: 24
Thoughts: Bolick's writing is so easily readable I thought I had just had time to read a couple of pages while I was waiting, not 24.  That is always a good sign.



Talent for Humanity: Stories of Creativity, Compassion, and Courage to Inspire You
by Patrick Gaffney
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
This Week: 0-22%
Pages Read This Week: 46
Thoughts: I read the intro and the first story, which was very inspiring. If the essays are all like that, this will be a major win.



NON-ARCs (For Fun):


Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 315 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 146
Thoughts: It's okay but I'm pushing myself to get through it. It doesn't flow. It's dense.



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Goodreads Link
*Needed a NF Fix*
On pg. 32 of 592
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts: Didn't get to it this week.



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


A Man Called Ove: A Novel by Fredrik Backman
*Book Club*
On pg. 86 of 337
Pages Read: 15
Thoughts: I gotta say I'm glad that particular plan did not pan out, Ove.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 8
Total Books Read in 2015: 24
Pages Read This Update: 519
Total Pages Read in 2015: 7706




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:


 

 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  


Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!