March 9, 2015

What I'm Reading: 3.9.15



I did a much better job reading this week.  I finished Purple Hibiscus and Flukes.  The #flashreadathon helped me get some reading done, too.  And, for once, I did not start any new books this week!

Also, I wrote a post on Saturday on how I read so many books at the same time, if you're interested.  I always get comments on the number of books I juggle. lol

Here's a look at what I read this week along with some thoughts:


FINISHED READING:



Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
*Library Loot*  *For Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 240 of 307
Pages Read This Week: 67
Thoughts: Review to come.



Flukes (Flukes #1) by Nichole Chase
*For a Fun Read*
This Week: 39-100%
Pages Read This Week: 99
Thoughts: Started off slow for me but it was so good!  I wish Flukes #2 was out!


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 37-45%
Pages Read This Week: 23
Thoughts: The place she lives is so bizarre.



Lost & Found by Brooke Davis
*For Review from Hachette*
On pg. 101 of 272
Pages Read This Week: 45
Thoughts: Agatha is the best.



Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 15-24%
Pages Read This Week: 29
Thoughts: I respect Camille's tenacity but she needs to chill the eff out a bit.



The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose
Goodreads Link
*For Review for France Book Tours*
On pg. 95 or 384
Pages Read: 48
Thoughts: I will be shocked if this doesn't turn out to be a 4 or 5 star book for me.



Crane by Stacey Rourke
*For Review from Publisher & Net Galley*
This Week: 6-23%
Pages Read: 38
Thoughts: Very much like FOX's Sleepy Hollow on TV, except the modern girl is a relative of Ichabod. Not sure how I feel about the similarities, but this early on it could go in a very different direction, too.


NON-ARCs (For Fun):


The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
*Library Loot*
On pg. 362 of 453
Pages Read This Week: 57
Thoughts: Hmm...interesting development. Is this how she gets out?  Does she get out?



Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 91 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 17
Thoughts: Lovely book so far.  I really like Hatshepsut.



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Goodreads Link
*Needed a NF Fix*
*Thanks to Mia for giving me this!*
On pg. 14 of 592
Pages Read: 3
Thoughts: Learned about early discoveries of leukemia. 



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
*For Travel the World in Books March Readalong*
On pg. 57 of 487
Pages Read This Week: 18
Thoughts: I'm really liking this. The last part I read was creeeepy.



1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Goodreads Link
*For Review* *For Travel the World in Books Foodie February*
On pg. 684 of 1,008
Pages Read This Week: 42
Thoughts: Read Canadian cuisine (which was only a few things) and Mexican/Latin American cuisine.  Next is Caribbean. Yum.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 16
Pages Read This Update: 486
Total Pages Read in 2015: 5271




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:



 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!