March 2, 2015

What I'm Reading 3.2.15



The past two weeks I have had trouble reading.  My mind just wouldn't focus (yes, more than usual! lol)  That's why I did not update last week or even blog last week.  Just too much had gotten into my head and I think I needed to just veg out for a bit.

This week even I am saying (in my best Chandler Bing impersonation)- Could I BE reading any more books at the same time?

Answer is probably not.  My mind is completely unfocused. It's not the books as much as it is just me.  I know that sounds like a line, but it's been a rough couple of weeks physically and mentally.  I am just glad to be back reading at all.

Anyway, here's a look at what I read the past couple of weeks (mostly the last part of this week, TBH), along with some thoughts:


FINISHED READING:



The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle
*For Review from Harlequin*
This Week: 50-100%
Pages Read: 200
Thoughts: Review to come soon.



Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood
*Mandy sent me this book because I love the Miss Fisher's Mysteries TV show.  Mandy rocks*
Pages Read This Week: 138
Thoughts: Review to come soon.


ABANDONED/DNF:



Anni Moon and the Elemental Artifact by Melanie Abed
*For Review*
Thoughts: Cute book but I realized I was having to force myself to read it. I don't think middle grade fiction, no matter how HP-esque, will be something I can review.



The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch
*For Review from Publisher and NetGalley*
Thoughts: I liked the overall concept but the story was not paced well and, well, it really felt all over the place.



CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 22-37%
Pages Read This Week: 154
Thoughts: I wonder if she put this P.C. in a coma or not. She's kind of mental, but kind of regular messed up from a crazy life at the same time.



Lost & Found by Brooke Davis
*For Review from Hachette*
On pg. 56 of 272
Pages Read This Week: 30
Thoughts: Fun and quirky. 



Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 5-15%
Pages Read This Week: 32
Thoughts: Camille is kind of a b___. You can be serious about your work and still not put everyone else down so harshly, even if you think they are flaky. 



The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose
Goodreads Link
*For Review for France Book Tours*
On pg. 47 or 384
Pages Read: 47
Thoughts: Instantly liked it. I can't wait to find out what the deal is with the house.



Crane by Stacey Rourke
*For Review from Publisher & Net Galley*
This Week: 0-6%
Pages Read: 13
Thoughts: Love Rourke's talent for world-building.


NON-ARCs (For Fun):



Flukes (Flukes #1) by Nichole Chase
*For a Fun Read*
This Week: 22-39%
Pages Read This Week: 36
Thoughts: Now that I think about it this would make a good beach read. Ah well I will pretend I'm at the beach instead of in snow and ice again.



The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
*Library Loot*
On pg. 305 of 453
Pages Read This Week: 150
Thoughts: Have I told you enough how scary this story is?



Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
*Library Loot*  *For Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 240 of 307
Pages Read This Week: 78
Thoughts: God this is heavy stuff.  But Adichie writes beautifully.



Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 74 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 30
Thoughts: Ancient Egypt truly captivates me.



The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
Goodreads Link
*Needed a NF Fix*
*Thanks to Mia for giving me this!*
On pg. 11 of 592
Pages Read: 11
Thoughts: I needed a NF fix that wasn't about food, to be honest. It's pretty interesting, though I won't be able to read much at any one time. 



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
*For Travel the World in Books March Readalong*
On pg. 39 of 487
Pages Read This Week: 39
Thoughts: Instantly hooked!



1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Goodreads Link
*For Review* *For Travel the World in Books Foodie February*
On pg. 642 of 1,008
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: I was hoping to get a few more hundred pages under my belt before Foodie Feb. ended but I just needed a break from the book.


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 12
Total Books Read in 2015: 12
Pages Read This Update: 958
Total Pages Read in 2015: 4785




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:



 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!