February 9, 2015

What I'm Reading Mondays - 2.9.15



This week I finished The Three by Sarah Lotz and started a couple more books.
I'm traveling to several places around the world, as well.  

Take a look at what I read this past week:


FINISHED READING:




The Three by Sarah Lotz
*Just for Fun*
3.5 STARS
Pages Read This Week: 208
Thoughts: Creepy. But it could be more succinct.


CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle
*For Review from Harlequin*
This Week: 27-38%
Pages Read: 44
Thoughts: I'm glad I stuck with this one.  I am liking it better.  I want to know what is up with her dad and Ella Mae.



Anni Moon and the Elemental Artifact by Melanie Abed
*For Review*
This Week: 15-22%
Pages Read: 22
Thoughts: It's cute but it's not as enveloping as it was at the beginning.



The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch
*For Review from Publisher and NetGalley*
This Week: 14-23%
Pages Read: 37
Thoughts: I'm liking this.  I am right before the part where '"he moment everything changes" happens.



The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 0-7%
Pages Read This Week: 20
Thoughts: The phonetic spelling of a type of British accent is making reading slow.  It's going to take some getting used to.


NON-ARCs:



Flukes (Flukes #1) by Nichole Chase
*For a Fun Read*
This Week: 11-22%
Pages Read This Week: 18
Thoughts:  A bit slow.  Too many details.  I don't need to know she's watching someone close a shed door, for instance.  The plot and characters are interesting, though.



The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
*Library Loot*
On pg. 91 of 311
Pages Read This Week: 38
Thoughts: Creeeepy.  I am rebelling in my head for Offred.



Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
*Library Loot*  *For Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 110 of 307
Pages Read This Week: 57
Thoughts: Love Adichie's writing.  Accessible yet eloquent in its way.  Plot so far is eerily similar to The Poisonwood Bible so far as an oppressive uber-religious father controlling the family.



The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
Goodreads Link
*Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 23 of 352
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: I didn't get to this this week. I can't say I'm dying to get to it.



Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood
*Mandy sent me this book because I love the Miss Fisher's Mysteries TV show.  Mandy rocks*
On pg. 17 of 175
Pages Read This Week: 17
Thoughts: Liking it!



BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:



Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman
Goodreads Link
*Postcard Mailbox Book Club*
On pg. 256 of 289
Pages Read This Week: 168
Thoughts: I love the message in this book, but I'm not feeling it all the same. I don't feel connected to Lauren.



1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Goodreads Link
*For Review* *For Travel the World in Books Foodie February*
On pg. 474 of 1,008
Pages Read This Week: 173
Thoughts: I have finished Europe and I'm starting cuisine of the Middle East. Yum!


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read in 2015: 11
Pages Read This Update: 802
Total Pages Read in 2015: 3188




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:



 







~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!