February 2, 2015

What I'm Reading Mondays - 2.2.15



This week I finished two books and I decided to abandon Savage Girl.  I just couldn't care enough, and after my DNF resolution, I decided this one totally counted.  I don't even miss it.  It's a relief! That's how I know I made the right decision.

Here is what else I read this week:


FINISHED READING:



The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
*Travel the World in Books January Readalong*
On pg.381 of 546
Pages Read This Week: 165
Thoughts: Still love this book.  




The Wonder of Ordinary Magic by Lilli Jougren Day
*Just for Fun*
So Far: 72-100%
Pages Read: 71
Thoughts: Ugh!  It was so interesting for so long but it turned out to be all utterly pointless.  Such a shame.



CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle
*For Review from Harlequin*
This Week: 13-27%
Pages Read: 56
Thoughts: I'm liking this better now.  Thanks, Anita, for encouraging me to keep going!



Anni Moon and the Elemental Artifact by Melanie Abed
*For Review*
This Week: 7-15%
Pages Read: 25
Thoughts:  Still adorable.



The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch
*For Review from Publisher and NetGalley*
This Week: 9-14%
Pages Read: 20
Thoughts: This is a fantasy book but I swear it is set in Mongolia and modeled after a real Mongolian nomadic tribe.


NON-ARCs:


The Three by Sarah Lotz
*Just for Fun*
On pg. 259 of 467
Pages Read This Week: 68
Thoughts: I'm glad it is getting more into the heart of the conflict of the book.




Flukes (Flukes #1) by Nichole Chase
*For a Fun Read*
This Week: 7-11%
Pages Read This Week: 6
Thoughts: How in the world did I only read 6 pages in this? It felt longer than that. Not in a bad way, as I like the story, but I am shocked it was only 6 pages.



The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
*Library Loot*
On pg. 61 of 311
Pages Read This Week: 27
Thoughts: As someone who doesn't want to ever be pregnant, the idea of Handmaids is terrifying.



Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
*Library Loot*  *For Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 53 of 307
Pages Read This Week: 53
Thoughts: Adichie is a talented writer!



The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
Goodreads Link
*Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 23 of 352
Pages Read This Week: 23
Thoughts: Mandy and I were discussing how there are not enough books set in Hong Kong.  I did find this one on my shelf that is set in HK.  We had been discussing it and I felt the urge to pick it up and start it!


BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:



Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman
Goodreads Link
*Postcard Mailbox Book Club*
On pg. 88 of 289
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: I didn't get to this one this week. It's a hard subject and I couldn't get in the mood to read about it this week.  Perhaps because some crazy stuff has been going on IRL.



1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Goodreads Link
*For Review* *For Travel the World in Books Foodie February*
On pg. 301 of 1,008
Pages Read This Week: 157
Thoughts: Finished French, Belgian & Dutch, and Italian cuisine sections and I'm halfway through the Spanish & Portuguese section.  Making lots of notes to share with you all!


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read in 2015: 10
Pages Read This Update: 671
Total Pages Read in 2015: 2386




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:






 





~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!