February 16, 2015

What I'm Reading - 2.16.15



This week I finished Be Safe I Love You. I abandoned The Piano Teacher.  Started more books, per usual. :)  Really getting into The Last Breath and The Oathbreaker's Shadow. I didn't get to Flukes this week.  It's okay but not really one that keeps my attention.  It's good as a palate cleanser, though.

Here's a look at what I read this past week, along with some thoughts:


FINISHED READING:



Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman
*Postcard Mailbox Book Club*
Pages Read This Week: 33
Thoughts: Review coming soon.



ABANDONED/DNF:



The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
Goodreads Link
*Travel the World in Books*
Thoughts: Love the concept but I can't relate to either of the main characters, nor do I like them, nor do I find them interesting.  Pretty much the only three options for wanting to continue reading.



CURRENTLY READING:

REVIEW BOOKS/ARCs:


The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle
*For Review from Harlequin*
This Week: 38-50%
Pages Read: 76
Thoughts: For such a rocky start, this has absorbed my interest now.



Anni Moon and the Elemental Artifact by Melanie Abed
*For Review* 618
This Week: 22-31%
Pages Read: 28
Thoughts: It lost me for a while but it is getting entertaining again.



The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch
*For Review from Publisher and NetGalley*
This Week: 23-40%
Pages Read: 69
Thoughts: More interesting now that the conflict has arisen.  I can't wait to see where this goes.



The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
*For Review from Publisher*
This Week: 7-22%
Pages Read This Week: 43
Thoughts: The strong Scottish dialect takes getting used to, but once you do the story is striking.



Lost & Found by Brooke Davis
*For Review from Hachette*
On pg. 26 of 272
Pages Read This Week: 26
Thoughts: Utterly readable.



Rodin's Lover by Heather Webb
*For Review from
This Week: 0-5%
Pages Read This Week: 16
Thoughts: Too soon to have many thoughts about this one.



NON-ARCs:



Flukes (Flukes #1) by Nichole Chase
*For a Fun Read*
This Week: 22-22%
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: Didn't get to it this week.  



The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
*Library Loot*
On pg. 155 of 311
Pages Read This Week: 64
Thoughts: I can't help but think of the places where this has happened.  As terrifying as this is, this has totally happened in the world.



Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
*Library Loot*  *For Travel the World in Books*
On pg. 162 of 307
Pages Read This Week: 52
Thoughts: I am reminded a lot of The Poisonwood Bible.



Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood
*Mandy sent me this book because I love the Miss Fisher's Mysteries TV show.  Mandy rocks*
On pg. 37 of 175
Pages Read This Week: 20
Thoughts: Australians have such funny slang to me.  Bairn, tiddly, "a toffy look", jacks, skint.



Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
*TBR Pile*
On pg. 44 of 442
Pages Read This Week: 44
Thoughts: In love with this book.  


BOOK CLUB BOOKS/READALONGS:


1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Goodreads Link
*For Review* *For Travel the World in Books Foodie February*
On pg. 642 of 1,008
Pages Read This Week: 168
Thoughts: I have finished Europe, the Middle East, and the U.S.  Next is Canada, then Mexico and Latin America.  Yum!


STATS:

Total Books Currently Reading: 12
Total Books Read in 2015: 12
Pages Read This Update: 639
Total Pages Read in 2015: 3827




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:



 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!