February 2, 2015

The Hidden Ones by Nancy Madore



The Hidden Ones is just this weird, fascinating story of ancient, mythological stories that perhaps could be true.  Maybe giants like Gilgamesh and David's giant existed.  Maybe Nephalim really wandered the Earth in ancient Biblical times.  Maybe Nadia, the protagonist, is a Nephalim and doesn't know it. These kidnappers sure seem to think she has something to do with Lilith, the other first woman besides Eve, from Jewish mythology.  And perhaps all of these stories, are clues to a current terrorist plot. 

It's a pretty damn interesting book for a plot that is mostly Nadia's storytelling to the kidnappers!  You find out why the three men are so urgently and obsessively interested in the stories of Lilith and other Nephalim that Nadia's mother used to tell her, as well as stories about Nadia's grandmother.  It takes a while for it to all come together but it is pretty interesting if you are into mythology.

I am still wondering why the Capitol is on the cover of this book when the entire book seems to take place in Saudi Arabia and Israel.  It never did make much sense.

I freaked out when Nadia is kidnapped at the beginning of the book.  She is so calm even though she has been stuffed into a garbage can in the fetal position.  I would be hyperventilating in such a confined space!  I can barely handle an elevator going up 2 stories.  I would be freaking the fuck out if I were her.

I have two more in the series to read and I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!