1. Don't force self to read books I'm just not that into. I DNF'ed it whenever I felt like reading a book was becoming a chore rather than an enjoyment. Consequently, my reading was much more enjoyable, free, and exciting.
2. Draw more. I made lots of art this year from sketches to paintings to designing bookmarks. I had a lot of fun with it and will continue to make art in 2015!
3. Dance again. I love to dance and while 2014 was a year filled with physical limitations, I was able to let my hair down from time to time, especially in the last 2 months. I am hoping 2015 is filled with A LOT more dancing!
4. Give yourself a break. I have been working my butt off (that must have been where it has disappeared to) on acceptance, but also perseverance in the face of adversity. There's a balance here. I suck at balancing, but I am learning!
5. Meditate for 6 minutes. I can meditate for six minutes. It is super challenging since I have A.D.D. but I can do it!
6. I have re-learned (most of) the Spanish I had forgotten. Still working on gaining more of the language!
7. Laughing a lot. I have some great friends and they make me laugh every day. Without these people in my life, I would be a sad potato!
8. Cook more. I have learned several new recipes, I can cook pretty much any vegetables, and I am to the point where I don't burn either the food or me every single time. Just, you know, most of the time.
10. Write more. Other than blogging this has not increased much. A goal to continue working on in 2015.
11. Eat healthier. I was better at this sometimes more than other times. Flare-ups I sucked at it, when I feel better I tend to eat better (it also helps I can cook when I am not so sick.) I did eat more vegetarian meals and salads, though, throughout the year.
12. Remember to take care of yourself first and the rest will fall into place. I have such a hard time doing this still, but 2014 was definitely a boost in this department.
13. Tell the people I love I love them more often. I feel good about this one!
14. Try 7 new things this year. Tried some new Egyptian food. Tried some new paints. Tried out designing bookmarks. Helped run a Readathon for the first time. Tried acorn squash and liked it. Gave my art as gifts to friends and family for the first time - the pressure I put myself under!! I met my baby niece for the first time - she's the best! Finally, I tried out a lot of new music on Spotify that I lurve (and some I didn't).
EH, DIDN'T QUITE MAKE IT ON THESE!
2. Learn guitar/ukulele/piano. Another big no. One day. Sigh.
3. Restoring the old wooden chair project I totally forgot about. Maybe in 2015.
4. Call long-distance friends more often. It was more often, but not as often as I would have liked. I really suck at talking on the phone.
5. Paint your fingernails more often. Did it a couple of times but I keep procrastinating since I am so terrible at it, and then it hardly got done. I need to just stop stressing and start dressing - my nails, that is!
6. No more than 1 review book a month. Yeah, no. I read tons of review books. But I want to read more from my TBR this year. No sense in all these books sitting here never getting read!
7. Walk at least a mile a week. Considering I have been really sick this year I have not been able to do this weekly, and even have had to skip whole months altogether, I am considering this one pretty much a bust. But I did get some biking in and some water workouts in so there's that.
8. Daily Yoga. Along with the stretching, this did not even happen daily like I hoped. In fact, I got away from it for several months at one point. Sad face.
9. Graduate from physical therapy. Sadly, this didn't happen this year. I am still in physical therapy. But, fingers crossed, 2015 is the year for me!
10. Daily stretching. I was doing really well the first half of the year, but this fall has been a bit rough. I have been doing my exercises for physical therapy and stretching but the daily habit is a bit broken right now. I need to work on this.
11. Re-learn Sign Language. I did not stick with this as well as I did with the Spanish. Hoping to do more in 2015.
12. Spend more time at the park. Did not do this nearly enough.
13. Visit 2 museums. I went to one, the Science Center and Museum, but did not get to a second one.
How have you done with your New Year's Resolutions? Did you accomplish anything? Did you totally forget about them? Share in the comments!