October 20, 2014

What I've Read, Am Reading, Will Read - 10/20/14



This weekend was Dewey's Readathon.  I started at 8am (my start time) but crashed around 3am with 5 hours left.  I tried really hard to make it all the way through, but it wasn't meant to be. :(  I did finish one book, a novella, and 2 comics, so at least it was pretty successful!

I also finished a couple other books before the Readathon.  I also started a few more, including 3 during the Readathon that I didn't get finished, but I knew I wouldn't get more than one read if I made it the whole 24 hours.

In good news, I've read 23,837 pages this year!  That's just counting books finished, no DNF's.  Only 2163 pages left until I hit my goal of 26,000 pages for the year.  I already hit and surpassed my books read goal, so it will be exciting if I can meet both of these goals!  The Readathon really made a difference in how much I read this week.  Check out the STATS for the largest number of pages read ever for me!


Me - looking at those numbers.
Who, me?  I did that?


How was your reading week?  Tell me all about it!


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:




Sold by Patricia McCormick
Goodreads Link
*Read for Dewey's Readathon*
5 STARS
Pages Read: 263
Thoughts: SO moving.  Review to come.



Becoming Un-Orthodox: Stories of Ex-Hasidic Jews by Lynn Davidman
*For Review from Oxford University Press via Net Galley*
3 STARS
This Week: 50-100%
Pages Read: 136
Thoughts: Review to come.



Heller's Revenge (Heller Series #2) by J.D. Nixon
*For Fun, Borrowed from Mom*
3 STARS
This Week: 67-100%
Pages Read: 150
Thoughts: Interesting ending.  Not as awesome as Book 1, though.



Lumberjanes #1 by Noelle Stevenson
3 STARS
Pages Read: 22
Thoughts: Weird, but weird in a way that intrigues me.



Hacktivist #1 by Alyssa Milano
2.5 STARS
Pages Read: 32
Thoughts: Honestly?  The tech talk was a bit over my head.


23390041

The Cat Manual by Michael Ray Taylor
*Read for the Readathon*
3 STARS
Pages Read: 51
Thoughts: Cute and humorous!  


NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:


High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
*Started during Readathon*
Pg. 36 of 323
This Week: 36 pages
Thoughts This Week: So far, I actually prefer the movie. The horror.  It probably gets better.  Still the beginning.



A Place Beyond the Map by Samuel Thews
*Started for Readathon*
This Week: 0-10%
Pages Read: 34
Thoughts This Week: Interesting so far.  I think it is supposed to be YA, but it feels more middle grade.  Either way, I like the way the Fae is presented. :)



What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristin Newman
*For Review thanks to Random House Crown via Edelweiss*
This Week: 0-11%
Pages Read: 33
Thoughts: As someone who never wanted kids and wishes she were traveling the world, I feel so far that Kristin is a kindred spirit.



Rethinking Normal: A Memoir in Translation by Katie Rain Hill
*For Review thanks to Simon & Schuster via Edelweiss*
This Week: 0-17%
Pages Read: 49
Thoughts This Week: Good so far.  I'm rooting for Katie!



CONTINUING TO ENJOY THIS WEEK:

The Review Books:



Against the Country: A Novel by Ben Metcalf
*For Review from Random House and Netgalley*
Last Week: 0-10%
This Week: 10-23%
Pages Read: 43
Thoughts: Pretty much the same, still, as last week.



Nest by Esther Ehrlich
*For Review from Random House Children's via Net Galley*
Last Week: 32-47%
This Week: 47-58%
Pages Read This Week: 31
Thoughts:  Very good story. As good as it is though, I always think I've read much more than I have. 



The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers #1) by Nancy Madore
*For Review from Author*
Last Week: 41-54%
This Week: 54-61%
Pages Read: 31
Thoughts: Another book I am thoroughly enjoying, yet feels like I've been reading more than I end up having read.




The Aftermath by Jen Alexander
*For Review from Harlequin Teen*
Last Week: 15-41%
This Week: 41-63%
Pages Read: 67
Thoughts: I hope this ending is satisfying.  It will be awesome if ending is awesome.
If the ending is meh, it will throw the whole book.


The Reading For Fun Books:



A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
*For Fun*
On pg. 406 of 579
Last Week: 96
This Week: 252
Thoughts: This book is soooo good.  I'm glad you guys all talked me into reading it. :D  Unlike a couple of the other books, I had no idea I had read this MUCH in one week!




A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
*Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge*
Pg. 299 of 422
Last Week: 93 pages
This Week: 0 pages
Thoughts: Just didn't get to it this week apparently.



STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 607
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 1230

Books Reading for Review: 6
Books Reading for Readalongs/Challenges: 1
Books Reading for the Fun of It: 3

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read So Far This Year: 87




REVIEW BOOKS UP NEXT:


 






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!