October 8, 2014

The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero


The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
Publisher: Doubleday


Today I am writing my review as a list of thoughts, since that is pretty much the only way I seem to be able to write this review!  


  • I really like how Cantero just jumps right into the story.  It makes the relevations along the way even better.
  • Everything is revealed slowly, peeled back a piece at a time like layers on an onion.
  • You are constantly surprised by new revelations right until the very last page of the Epilogue.
  • Make sure you read the Epilogue.  It's not part of the story, per se, it ends before it.  Yet what is in the epilogue is another layer to the onion that you won't want to miss out on.
So. Many. Epic. Layers. 
  • I have never read a book with a mute character, outside of The Life of Helen Keller.  Nice touch.
  • It was bizarre and jarring at first, but I quickly grew to love how the book is laid out with diary entries, video recording transcripts, audio transcripts, Niamh's notepad (as she is mute and this is all her dialogue) and letters back to Aunt Liza. 
  • I really want there to be another book after this, though I have no idea how Cantero would be able to match the intrigue and suspense of this one.  
  • If you've known me long you know I am not a big re-reader.  I wanted to re-read this as soon as I finished it.  This one will be so fun to go back and find clues I missed the first time around.
  • Read this book!  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!