October 17, 2014

Blogger Shout-Outs! #14



This week has been a bit hectic and stressful because of my disability hearing on Wednesday.  So I did not post much this week.  But I did get a chance to browse my reader, yay!

 What is your favorite shout-out this week?


BEST BOOK REVIEWS I READ THIS WEEK:



1. Carolina G's review of Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina on A Girl That Likes Books.

2. The Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer review at Reading is My Treasure is an interesting read and well-written.

3. Shannon's review of Pro: Reclaiming Abortion Rights by Katha Pollitt put the book on my radar (not to mention her Instagram account!) and now it is #1 on my TBR list of books to acquire post haste.

4. I want to read Tomboy by Liz Prince thanks to Bookalicious Mama's review and Bermudaonion's review.

5. I always love a review of Poe, like these from Litha.



AWESOME DISCUSSION/NON-REVIEW POSTS TO CHECK

OUT:



1. Last Friday, Aarti wrote about reading diversely AND authentically, a timely topic many of us have been discussing on our blogs and on Twitter.

2. April had an awesome post via a Six Degrees of Separation in Books Meme and went with Orwell's 1984, one of my fave books.

3. Jennifer of The Relentless Reader raves about her indie bookshop, making me wish even more desperately there was one anywhere near here.

4. Jamie listed 8 reasons she struggles to put down a book.  Do you share any of these struggles?  I identify with 2, 7, and 8.  But I DNF much easier than she does in the end.  I might be missing out but then again life's too short for books not doing it for me, right? Reassurance?

5. Florinda talks tech.  What devices do you use to blog?  To read? To interact on social media?  

6. I enjoyed Vivienne's interview with Sita Brahmachari, an author I had not heard of yet.



UPCOMING/CURRENT BOOKISH EVENTS:



1. Nonfiction November!  Hosted by yours truly, as well as Kim @ Sophisticated Dorkiness, Leslie @ Regular Rumination, and Katie @ Doing Dewey!  So excited.


2. I recently found out about and signed-up for Sci-Fi November, too, over at Oh, the Books! and Rinn Reads.


3. Don't forget!  DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READATHON is this weekend!  Do you have your stack of books ready?



GIVEAWAYS:



1. Check out the Spooktacular Giveaway Hop via Shelf Confessions and then visit the rest of the hop participants!

2. Anna @ Anna's Book Blog is giving away some Halloween goodies, including DVDs, books, and candy!

3. Kimba the Caffeinated Reviewer is giving away Penguin Classic's re-release of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories.

4. Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf is giving away The Penguin Book of Witches.




THANK YOU, COMMENTERS!  YOU ROCK!



1. Beth of Fueled by Fiction
2. Trish
3. Leah of Books Speak Volumes
4. FNG_Cynic
5. Julie S.
6. Sue Jackson
7. Guiltless Reading
8. Jessica (Books: a true story)
9. Shelleyrae
10. Lory @ Emerald City Book Reviews
11. Savvy Working Gal
12. Deborah
13. Tanya M.
14. Mallory @ The Local Muse
15. Freda Mans
16. Beth @ Fueled By Fiction
17. Katie @ Doing Dewey
18. Trisha Dandurand



2014 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD

*I will be awarding the top 6 commenters with some bookish swag at the end of the year!*

1. Tanya M.
2. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
3. Charleen Lynette
4. Tasha B.
5. Emma @ Words and Peace
6. April (The Steadfast Reader)

YOU! Could be on this list.
Leave comments, win prizes as thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!