September 22, 2014

What I'm Reading Monday- 9/22/14



This week I didn't read as much as I usually do.  Last week was a record, this week I fell 300 pages short of that.  But, that's okay.  I was feeling better this weekend and didn't have to stay in bed as much so that makes a difference.  I did finish one short book and start 2 more that I just couldn't wait on anymore!


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:



Weaver by John Abramowitz
*For Review from Author*
3 STARS
Last Week: 0-29%
This Week: 29-100%
Pages Read: 119
Thoughts: While there were some instances of missed editing opportunities, Weaver was an interesting and quick read.  I like the cult aspect.  Review to come.


NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:


A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
*For Fun*
On pg. 62 of 579
This Week: 62 pages
Thoughts: I like Harkness' twist on the paranormal story.  A scholar! 



Becoming Un-Orthodox: Stories of Ex-Hasidic Jews by Lynn Davidman
*For Review from Publisher via Net Galley*
This Week: 0-11%
Pages Read: 30
Thoughts: Compulsively readable nonfiction.  Love that!
Also, I had no idea how obsessed with bodily rituals the Orthodox are.


CONTINUING TO ENJOY THIS WEEK:



The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
*For Review from Publisher via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 2-14%
This Week:14-27%
Pages Read This Week: 48
Thoughts:  With the set up behind us now, it is getting to the real creepified part!



Sweet Tooth: A Memoir by Tim Anderson
*For Fun*
Pg. 136 of 319
Last Week: 108 pages
This Week: 28 pages
Thoughts: 



Out by Natsuo Kirino
*For Travel the World in Books Readathon*
Pg. 197 of 400
Last Week: 111 pages
This Week: 86 pages
Thoughts: Addictive until about pg. 150.  Now I am not enjoying it as much.  It took me 20 minutes to read the last 7 pages this weekend. It needs to get on with things.



A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
*For the Travel the World in Books Readathon*
Pg. 160 of 422
Last Week: 28 pages
This Week: 49 pages
Thoughts: I'm interested in what happens to Nao at the temple.  Also, what is with the ominous bird over with Ruth and Oliver?



The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
*For Review from Publisher*
Last Week: 21-49%
This Week: 49-75%
Pages Read This Week: 112
Thoughts: Crossing my fingers I don't hate the ending.  I've read a review that is leaving me a bit nervous about it.



Street of Thieves by Mathias Enard
*For Review from Publisher via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 0-10%
This Week: 10-21%
Pages Read This Week: 38
Thoughts: Kind of slow.  



Heller's Revenge (Heller Series #2) by J.D. Nixon
*For Fun*
Last Week: 0-10%
This Week: 10-18%
Pages Read: 24
Thoughts: So far so good, just taking my time.



The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers #1) by Nancy Madore
*For Review from Author*
Last Week: 0-5%
This Week: 5-18%
Pages Read: 59
Thoughts: If I had to be kidnapped like that, I would die.


STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 907
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 655

Books Reading for Review: 5
Books Reading for Readalongs/Challenges: 2
Books Reading for the Fun of It: 3

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read So Far This Year: 78




WHAT'S UP NEXT:







~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!