September 29, 2014

What I'm Reading - 9/29/14



This week something was just.....off.
I just couldn't get into the mood to read.
I did finished one book, which is good.  I read here and there in others but overall, I was just feeling very "meh" about reading as a whole.
Is it the books I'm reading?  Probably partly.  Several of them are slow-moving.
Is it because I read SO much a couple of weeks ago?  Is it because I am feeling better and would rather be doing other things?  Also, both partly.
But, boy do I hate feeling all "take it or leave it" about reading.  That's the worst!

Here, see for yourself my reading week.

How has your reading week gone?  


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:



The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
*For Review from Publisher*
4 STARS
Last Week: 49-75%
This Week: 75-100%
Pages Read This Week: 108
Thoughts: It's going to be hard to put into words all the thoughts and feelings I have concerning this book.


NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:

So I totally skipped over the ARCs I said I was going to read next and picked this out, because it is a middle-grade book and I thought it would be nice to have something a bit breezier (in terms of ease of reading, not necessarily content) to go with the other books I am in the middle of. I usually have a YA book going and I don't right now.


Nest by Esther Ehrlich
*For Review from Publisher via Net Galley*
This Week: 0-16%
Pages Read This Week: 46
Thoughts: So far a cute story about a sixth-grader named Chirp who loves to watch birds, is trying to avoid the jerk next door, and whose mother, the dancer, is injured, possibly more than anyone will tell Chirp.


CONTINUING TO ENJOY THIS WEEK:

The Review Books:


Becoming Un-Orthodox: Stories of Ex-Hasidic Jews by Lynn Davidman
*For Review from Publisher via Net Galley*
Last Week: 0-11%
This Week: 11-14%
Pages Read: 8
Thoughts: Compulsively readable nonfiction. 



The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
*For Review from Publisher via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 14-27%
This Week: 27-47%
Pages Read This Week: 74
Thoughts:  I have got to find out what is going on at Axton House.  Also, will A. have no choice but to follow in his predecessor's footsteps?



Street of Thieves by Mathias Enard
*For Review from Publisher via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 10-21%
This Week: 21-21%
Pages Read This Week: 0
Thoughts: This book has won 3 French literary awards but I cannot for the life of me care what happens to Lekhdar.  I couldn't even bother to try this week.  I will try one more week and then if I still can't get anywhere with it, I will move on.  It sucks when you know other people loved the book!



The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers #1) by Nancy Madore
*For Review from Author*
Last Week: 5-18%
This Week: 18-30%
Pages Read: 54
Thoughts: This is getting good!


The Reading For Fun Books:



A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
*For Fun*
On pg. 62 of 579
Last Week: 62 pages
This Week: 0 pages
Thoughts: Just didn't get to this one this week.  :(



Sweet Tooth: A Memoir by Tim Anderson
*For Fun*
Pg. 136 of 319
Last Week: 28 pages
This Week: 40 pages
Thoughts: My favorite part of the story I just read I can't discuss because it is spoiler-y but let's just say it was awesome!



Out by Natsuo Kirino
*For Travel the World in Books Readathon*
Pg. 197 of 400
Last Week: 86 pages
This Week: 18 pages
Thoughts: Some weeks I tear through this book and others I feel very "meh" about it.  There are too many points of view for me to keep up with I think.



A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
*For the Travel the World in Books Readathon*
Pg. 186 of 422
Last Week: 49 pages
This Week: 26 pages
Thoughts: Am I the only one who wants more Nao, less Ruth?



Heller's Revenge (Heller Series #2) by J.D. Nixon
*For Fun*
Last Week: 10-18%
This Week: 18-35%
Pages Read: 51
Thoughts: I don't know how realistic it was, but I was excited to see Tilly put the client in his place and then make him deal with the situation he created. #girlpower


STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 655
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 425
(Note that 2 weeks ago I read almost 1000 pages. Now half that!)

Books Reading for Review: 5
Books Reading for Readalongs/Challenges: 2
Books Reading for the Fun of It: 3

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read So Far This Year: 79




WHAT'S UP NEXT:







~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!