September 7, 2014

Travel the World in Books: EUROPE



The Travel the World in Books Readathon is well under way and I am enjoying it a lot!  The participants are introducing me to all kinds of new books full of diversity.  

During the readathon I want to share with you some of my favorite books that have had me traveling around the world from the comfort of my own home.  

Today I am sharing three of my favorites that have had me traveling to Europe.

511231

The Secret Life of Josephine: Napoleon's Bird of Paradise by Carolly Erickson

Erickson is a gifted storyteller.  I loved the way she weaved fact and fiction together to create an original tale of Josephine Bonaparte.

15756277

Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz

10 concentration camps.  10 places where you are starved, tortured, and enslaved.  This is Yanek Gruener's life and he is only a boy.  A unique, brave, and heart-wrenching story for the YA crowd, it is equally as powerful for any adult.  You quickly want to wrap Yanek in the safety of your arms and not let go.


883718

I'm Not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti

Nine-year-old Michele Amitrano is spending his summer in the idyllic Italian countryside trying to avoid the sweltering heatwave, when he takes refuge in an old farmhouse and stumbles upon a secret so terrible he can't tell anyone.  A taut thriller, not to be missed.


Looking for more books set in Europe?  Check out my relevant Take Me Away posts:









Other Travel the World in Books Readathon Posts:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these great recommendations. You're going to keep me busy! I'm not Scared sounds good, fall is great for thrillers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!