August 18, 2014

What I'm Reading Mondays, Y'all!


This week I finished 2 books, started 2 more books, and once again read over 700 pages. 


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:



Lies Told in Silence by M.K. Tod
*For Review for HFVT*
Last Week: 13-23%
This Week: 23-100%
Pages Read: 272
Thoughts: I had to finish this one quickly, but it was worth it!
You can read my review here.



Jessi's Secret Language (BSC #16) by Ann M. Martin
*For BSC Readalong*
Last Week: 48 pages
This Week: 90 pages
Thoughts: I grew up reading these books and this readalong is bringing it all back to me.  The best part is they are just as good now as they once were.  I cannot say the same about my beloved She-Ra.  I watched some of it recently and cringed.



CURRENTLY READING:
(check below this section for new books for the week)



People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
*For Lit Collective Book Club*
On pg. 130 of 372
Last Week: 107 pages
This Week: 23 pages
Thoughts: I just finished one of the historical chapters.  I love how Brooks can jump back and forth between time periods with complete fluidity and tie it all together.



A Sudden Light by Garth Stein
*For Review via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 12-19%
This Week: 19- 30%
Pages Read: 35 pages
Thoughts: So many unanswered questions right now! 



But Enough About You: Essays by Christopher Buckley
*For Review via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 11-51%
This Week: 51- 67%
Pages Read: 72
Thoughts: Good essays but taking a long time to get through them all.  Big collection!



The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst
*For Review*
Last Week:  31-36%
This Week: 36-50%
Pages Read: 49
Thoughts: Last week I hit a slow part but now the pace is back up.  I have got to know what happens here!



How to Build a Girl: A Novel by Cailin Moran
*For Review thanks to Harper and Edelweiss*
Last Week: 12-41%
This Week: 41-65% 
Pages Read: 85
Thoughts: I could easily devour this book, but it is so good I am trying to savor it!  Johanna is muy interesante!



The Seventh Cup by Nitesh Jain
*For Review thanks to the Author*
On pg. 55 of 312
Last Week: 46 pages
This Week: 0 pages
Thoughts:  I didn't get to this one this week, as it is a PDF and my computer is currently in the shop because it is possessed and needs an exorcism.



Jane Austen's First Love by Syrie James
*For Review*
Last Week: 17-33%
This Week: 33-46%
Pages Read: 52
Thoughts: Aw, our little Jane is growing up!  I do love a good ball.



The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz
*For Review from Publisher and Net Galley*
Last Week: 0-21%
This Week: 21- 38%
Pages Read: 64
Thoughts: I would be friends with Paige in real life.  The wit!


NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:


A Map of Betrayal by Ha Jin
*For Review thanks to Edelweiss*
This Week: 0-11%
Pages Read: 33
Thoughts: I love how Jin just jumps into the story.  I approve of this approach. 



Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
*For Project Gutenburg Project and The Classics Club*
This Week: 0-14%
Pages Read: 21
Thoughts: I am listening to this via Librivox and following along via Kindle, 
so I can highlight the hell out of it. 


STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 721
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 796

Books Reading for Review: 9
Books Reading for the Fun of It: 1

Total Books Currently Reading: 10
Total Books Read So Far This Year: 64




WHAT'S NEXT:








~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!