August 4, 2014

What I'm Reading Monday


This week I started a readalong, which I am loving. I added in a couple more review books to my regimen.  Finished 2 books, and DNF one book.  I am reading nothing but amazingly good books right now.  What more could a book nerd want?!? 


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:
(Subtitled: Yes, I do finish books)



Claudia and the Mystery at the Museum (BSC Mystery #11) by Ann M. Martin
4 STARS
Pages Read: 136
Thoughts: I have been immediately transported back to late elementary school/middle school!  Looking at it with fresh eyes, I notice there is some telling instead of showing, but I am also noticing how it is full of diversity (not just racially, either), which, as you know, I lurve.



Divided (Dualed #2) by Elsie Chapman
*For Review from the Publisher and Author*
4 STARS
Last Week: 62-80%
This Week: 80-100%
Pages Read: 64
Thoughts: Really well-done follow-up.  Review coming soon!



ABANDONED/DNF:



The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
*For Review via Net Galley*
Thoughts: I tried really hard because the premise is just SO damn interesting.  I will write a post on why I eventually gave up.  April has convinced me to set it aside and try it again another time.



CURRENTLY READING:
(check below this section for new books for the week)



But Enough About You: Essays by Christopher Buckley
*For Review via Edelweiss*
Last Week: 0-4%
This Week: 4-11%
Pages Read: 31
Thoughts: This is a long book of essays, but luckily they are short and interesting!  And pretty funny, too!  



Free Spirit: Growing Up on the Road and Off the Grid by Joshua Safran
*Thanks to Beth's Book Review for this book*
On Pg. 71 of 288
Last Week: 16 pages
This Week: 17 pages
Thoughts: I like that his mom is finally showing some of that feminism that she espouses with this Bob guy.  He is a waste of space.



The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst
*For Review*
Last Week:  0-21%
This Week: 21-31%
Pages Read: 35
Thoughts: Durst has me wrapped up in this story.




How to Build a Girl: A Novel by Cailin Moran
*For Review thanks to Harper and Edelweiss*
Last Week: 3-6%
This Week: 6-12% 
Pages Read: 21
Thoughts: I am looking forward to seeing Johanna come into her own. She is a lot more precocious than I was at 14.  




The Seventh Cup by Nitesh Jain
*For Review thanks to the Author*
Last Week: 0-3%
This Week: 0%
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts: I didn't get to this this week. I will be this week, definitely.



Lies Told in Silence by M.K. Tod
*For Review for HFVT*
Last Week: 0-10%
This Week: 10-13%
Pages Read: 11
Thoughts: I got confused for a while with Tod switching between saying "Grandmere" and "Helene's grandmother", which are the same woman.  Then there are Madame Lalonde and Tante Camille, whom I thought at first were also the grandmother, but apparently are not, they are all friends.  



NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:


Jane Austen's First Love by Syrie James
*For Review*
This Week: 0-17%
Pages Read: 68
Thoughts: Immediately captured me and invested me in the story.



A Sudden Light by Garth Stein
*For Review via Edelweiss*
This Week: 0-12%
Pages Read: 38
Thoughts: Another one that captured me instantaneously.



Jessi's Secret Language (BSC #16) by Ann M. Martin
*For BSC Readalong*
Pg. 22 of 160
This Week: 22 pages
Thoughts: More nostalgia time!  We are having a blast with this readalong!



STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 535
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 442

Books Reading for Review: 7
Books Reading for the Fun of It: 2

Total Books Currently Reading: 9
Total Books Read So Far This Year: 62




WHAT'S NEXT:



   






~What are you reading right now?  
~What did you just finish?  
~What book are you looking forward to reading next?  
Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!