August 29, 2014

TRAVEL THE WORLD IN BOOKS READATHON - My Goals for the Readathon!


YAY!  It is nearly time for the Travel the World Readathon to begin!  I am SUPER excited about this one.  If you've been visiting the blog any length of time, then you know I am a huge proponent of diversity in reading and have been championing it for 5 years, since the blog began.  So when Tanya approached me about helping out with the Travel the World Readathon, of course I jumped on it!  

Today I am posting up my readathon goals.  The readathon is September 1st - September 14th.  Two weeks of diversity reading!  Woot!  I will be reading as much as I can, but you can set your own goals - be it a short essay or 1,000 pages - whatever suits you.  We're all laid back here.  The readathon is to encourage us all to read books set in other countries or by authors from other cultures and to learn about these cultures and share with each other!  Why?  Because diversity is the shit, basically.


Here are my personal goals for the Readathon, which I have linked up to here at Tanya's blog.

1. Read at least one book set in another country/culture.  I put up a photo of the book choices I have on Instagram, which you can see here. Help me decide which one I should read!  Then if I get finished, I will go on to another one and another one!


2.  Write up at least 2 posts on diversity in literature and I also have a mini-challenge to host on the 9th!  I will also be checking out the other guest posts, author interviews, and mini-challenges that we have lined up!  Plus there are giveaways, y'all!   LOTS of fun coming!  Here is the schedule.


3. Share previous posts about Traveling the World in books via social media - including my Take Me Away posts - remember those?

4. Participate in the #TraveltheWorldinBooksRAT Facebook chat on Sept. 3rd and the Twitter Chat on Sept. 10th.


I hope you will join us in our Travel the World Readathon!  No big committment, just lots of fun! And we will be showing publishers that #WeNeedDiverseBooks because look at us, we are reading them!   Sign ups are here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!