August 1, 2014

Blogger Shout-Outs!!! - Weeks 3 and 4



Last week I had computer issues, so this week I am shouting out enough for 2 weeks!  Enjoy!


BEST BOOK REVIEWS I READ THIS WEEK:
1. Luxury Reading has a review up by A.D. Cole on Tracy Thompson's The New Mind of the South.  It is an interesting review and it reminds me how little I have in common with my fellow Southerners who really really identify with Southern culture.  

2. I didn't read April's review of Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears so much as listen to her read it!

3. Only Michele of A Reader's Respite could get me intrigued by a book that sounds terrifying.

4. Melanie of Overreader reviewed The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt and it intrigues me!

5. The Reading Life reviews Jhumpa Lahiri's latest short story.


AWESOME DISCUSSION/NON-REVIEW POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
1. I did not see this post until after I had hit Publish on last week's Shout-Outs but Florinda wrote a fantastic discussion post on our blogging family trees and our #blogcestors!  

2. Jennifer of Literate Housewife talks about the Why's of blogging in a very raw and passionate and thoughtful post.

3. Though I am not participating due to scheduling, I can still appreciate the discussion that the Estella Society began this week on their readalong of East of Eden. 

4. Ryan's Favorite Fictional Character feature this week is on Sherlock Holmes, one of my own favorite characters of all time.

5. Julie @ Bloggers Hearts Books talks pet peeves on Net Galley and in review requests by e-mail.


UPCOMING/CURRENT BOOKISH EVENTS:

1. The Book Nympho and Rabid Reads are hosting their 3rd Annual Stomp v. Romp Event.



GIVEAWAYS
1. Beth Book Reviews is giving away The Magician's Land by Les Grossman.

2. Visit Passages to the Past to win a copy of M.K. Tod's Lies Told in Silence.  I am participating on the book tour and the book is really interesting!  Come back here on 8/15 to read my review.



THANK YOU, COMMENTERS!
1. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
2. Tasha B.
3. Tanya M.
4. marireads
5. Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves)
6. Beth (Beth Book Review)
7. Darlene @ Lost in Literature
8. Jamie (Jay Riv)
9. Sue Jackson
10. Michelle Miller
11. Emma @ Words and Peace
12. Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
13. Kristen H.
14. Irene McKenna
15. Diane D.
16. Kinga




2014 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD
*I will be awarding the top 6 commenters with some bookish swag at the end of the year!*

1. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
2. Tanya M.
3. Irene McKenna
4. Ryan (Wordsmithsonia)
5. Michelle Miller
6. YOU?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!