August 22, 2014

Blogger Shout-Outs!! Week #7 - Diversity, Comfort Zones, and Getting Overwhelmed



Diversity Rocks!  Be sure to check out all of the fun events geared toward diversity in books!
 Take a look at all of this week's awesome links 
and then look for my shout-out to my commenters!  I didn't post much this week due to computer stuffs so thanks so much for still reading and commenting!


BEST BOOK REVIEWS I READ THIS WEEK:

1. Even though it was already on my list to read next, Andi's review of The Supernatural Enhancements convinced me to begin now.


2. One reason I love April of The Steadfast Reader is that she reads outside of her comfort zone.  Yet another reason I love her is that when said book is full of ridiculousness, she has no problems calling the authors out on it. Sister from another mister!

3. I can always count on Tif to introduce new graphic novels and fairy tale stories to me.  Here she introduces a fairy tale graphic novel!

4. Ana of things means a lot links to her discussion on How to Suppress Women's Writing by Joanna Russ, which is really interesting.

5. I really want to read Lock In by John Scalzi.  Check out Lexie's review on Poisoned Rationality. 





AWESOME DISCUSSION/NON-REVIEW POSTS TO CHECK OUT:


1. Hannah at So Obsessed With created a how-to guide for finding nonfiction that works for YOU.

2. I enjoyed reading about Bryan of Still Unfinished's post about taking charge of bad habits.

3. Kristen over on My Friends are Fiction is having a discussion on When Your Book Pile is Overwhelming. I mean, who hasn't been there?  Raise your hand if you've never left there.  *raises arm*



UPCOMING/CURRENT BOOKISH EVENTS:



1. Tanya, SavvyWorkingGal, and I are excited to announce our Travel the World Readathon, which will be September 1st-14th!  SIGN UP NOW!


2. And after you sign up for the Readathon, be sure to check out Aarti's Diversiverse which is coming for the second half of September!  
3. In more awesome Diversity Events, Biblibio is currently hosting a Women in Translation Month!  
It is a Diversity-palooza for the next month with these 3 events going on!



GIVEAWAYS

1. Melissa of The Book Binder's Daughter has a bunch of giveaways going on right now.  You are likely to find one that suits you!
2. Bookhounds and I am a Reader are hosting a Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop.


THANK YOU, COMMENTERS!  YOU ROCK!

1. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
2. April (Steadfast Reader)
3. Author M.K. Tod
4. Helen @ My Novel Opinion
5. Athira/Aths
6. Beltwayliterature
7. Tif (Tif Talks Books)
8. Emma @ Words and Peace
9. Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
10. Shannon @ River City Reading
11. Ryan (Wordsmithsonia)
12. Sue Jackson



2014 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD
*I will be awarding the top 6 commenters with some bookish swag at the end of the year!*

1. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
2. Tanya M.

3. April (The Steadfast Reader)
3. Irene McKenna
4. Michelle Miller
5. Charleen Lynette
6. Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves)

YOU! Could be on this list.
Leave comments, win prizes as thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!