July 21, 2014

What I'm Reading Monday


This week I read mostly from the two books I finished.  
I also abandoned a review book.  Oh well, it happens.
I also didn't start any new books this week!  It's a miracle, y'all!


FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:
(Subtitled: Yes, I do finish books)



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
*Passed on to me by Nancy of Bookfoolery*
4 STARS
Last Week I Read: 59 pages
This Week I Read: 138 pages
Thoughts: I don't really see the point in no one discussing anything about this book.  In my review I am going to prove you can say something about the plot without giving a single thing away.



Goodnight June by Sarah Jio
*For Review from Net Galley*
3.5 STARS
Last Week:50%-55%

This Week: 55%-100%
Pages Read: 144
Thoughts: The first half was kind of slow, but the last half of the book was amazing as all the different threads began being weaved together.


ABANDONED:


Sins of the Fallen (Sins of the Fallen #1) by Karina Espinosa
*For Review*
Thoughts: I just couldn't get into this, as much as I wanted to.  I don't like the characters. I should feel really sorry for Max, but I don't because I think he's shallow and, well, dumb.  


STILL CURRENTLY READING:


Daughters of Absence: Transforming a Legacy of Loss by Mindy Weisel
*Purchased*
Last Week: 32%-38%
This Week: 0%
Pages Read: 0
This book is a collection of essays and book excerpts written 
by the children of Holocaust survivors.  I'm reading this pretty slowly since it is not for review. 
It is very good, though.



Free Spirit: Growing Up on the Road and Off the Grid by Joshua Safran
*Thanks to Beth's Book Review for this book*
On Pg. 38 of 288
Last Week: 28 pages
This Week:  0 pages
Thoughts: Looking to get back into this this week.




The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
*For Review via Net Galley*
Last Week: 26%-33%
This Week: 33%-36%
Pages Read: 12
Thoughts: The plot is an awesome one but it is a bit slow at times and I am having trouble connecting with the characters.  I know Monika said she felt that way about the characters, too.  Anyone else? I just want it to move along.



Divided (Dualed #2) by Elsie Chapman
*For Review from the Publisher and Author*
Last Week: 22%-37%
This Week: 37%-62%
Pages Read: 80
Thoughts: Ooh!  I didn't see that coming!  Love it!



Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
*Won in a giveaway during Armchair BEA*
Pg. 52 of 327
Last Week: 37 pages
This Week: 0 pages 
Thoughts: Didn't get to this one this week, either.



Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David Sheff
*Borrowed from my best friend who basically threatened our friendship if I didn't read this instantly lol*
Pg. 38 of 336
Last Week: 19 pages
This Week:  19 pages
Thoughts: It's amazing what can happen to normal children.



How to Build a Girl: A Novel by Cailin Moran
*For Review thanks to Harper and Edelweiss*
Last Week: 0-3%
This Week: 3%-3% 
Pages Read: 0
Thoughts: I caught wind some bloggers are doing a readalong so I decided to un-officially read along with them each week so I can follow along with the discussions.  Except I have fallen behind because, well, I have so many other things to read.  I had good intentions!





NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:

Nada



STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 539
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 393

Books Reading for Review: 3
Books Reading for Fun: 4

Total Books Currently Reading: 7
Total Books Read This Year: 59




WHAT'S NEXT:




 



What are you reading right now?  What did you just finish?  What book are you looking forward to reading next?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!