July 14, 2014

What I'm Reading Monday


You can tell from my Stats (listed below Currently Reading) that I read the equivalent of a book or two a week, but, sadly, I cannot read just one book at a time.  Or two.  Or five.  I have a disease, people.  It's called "Must Read It All Right Now At the Same Time" disease.  I don't know if there is a cure, or if it is contagious, like cooties.  Better give yourself a shot just in case.  

Circle, circle, dot, dot 
Now you have your book whore shot.



FINISHED READING THIS WEEK:
(Subtitled: Yes, I do finish books)



Invisible City by Julia Dahl
*Passed along to me by Jennifer aka Book-alicious Mama*
4 STARS
Pg. 197 of 304
Last Week: Read 56 pages
This Week: 107 pages



Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen
*Downloaded via Librivox*
Last Week: 49%
This Week: 51%
Pages Read (Listened to): 125
I read this to review on The Project Gutenberg Project.
I don't believe this is the exact collection, but it is the closest one I could find on Goodreads to mark my progress.





STILL CURRENTLY READING:



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
*Passed on to me by Nancy of Bookfoolery*
On Pg. 102 of 240
Last Week I Read: 43 pages
This Week I Read: 59 pages
Thoughts: I really want to know what happened with Cady!  


Daughters of Absence: Transforming a Legacy of Loss by Mindy Weisel
*Purchased*
Last Week: I read 0% so still at 32%
This Week: 32%- 38%
Pages Read: 15
This book is a collection of essays and book excerpts written 
by the children of Holocaust survivors.  Last week I didn't read from this so
I made sure to this week.  It's not for review so it's been getting some back burner time.



Free Spirit: Growing Up on the Road and Off the Grid by Joshua Safran
*Thanks to Beth's Book Review for this book*
On Pg. 38 of 288
Last Week: 10 pages
This Week: 28 pages
Thoughts: This is an interesting way to grow up.


Goodnight June by Sarah Jio
*For Review from Net Galley*
Last Week: 46% - 50%
This Week: 50-55%
Pages Read: 16 pages
Thoughts: I highlighted a lot of good quotes in these 16 pages.



The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
*For Review via Net Galley*
Last Week: 17%- 26%
This Week: 26-33%
Pages Read: 26 pages
Thoughts: Still slow going.  I wish the mystery did not stop for big chunks of time in order to explain the Memes and Nautilus devices and the Word Exchange program.  I wish it was woven in more seamlessly.



Divided (Dualed #2) by Elsie Chapman
*For Review from the Publisher and Author*
Last Week: 8% - 22%
This Week: 22- 37%
Pages Read: 48 pages
Last week I wasn't sure if I was liking where it was headed but it is getting back to the crazy West Grayer all over Kersh in high-stress scenarios awesomeness I enjoyed from the last book.




Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
*Won in a giveaway during Armchair BEA*
Pg. 52 of 327
Last Week: 15 pages
This Week:37 pages 
Thoughts: 


NEW BOOKS ADDED THIS WEEK TO CURRENTLY READING:

(Subtitled: I KNOW, I KNOW)


Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David Sheff
*Borrowed from my best friend who basically threatened our friendship if I didn't read this instantly lol*
Pg. 19 of 336
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 19 pages
Thoughts: I already knew this, but man Meth will screw you up, dude.



How to Build a Girl: A Novel by Cailin Moran
*For Review thanks to Harper and Edelweiss*
Last Week: 0%
This Week: 3%
Pages Read: 11
Thoughts: I caught wind some bloggers are doing a readalong so I decided to un-officially read along with them each week so I can follow along with the discussions!


Sins of the Fallen (Sins of the Fallen #1) by Karina Espinosa
*For Review for YA Blog Tours*
Pg. 48 of 292
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 48 pages
Thoughts: I just got this and the second book in the series and they both are for review on August 10th so I had to make room for them in my schedule.  For the first chapter I hated Maximillion, but he has grown on me.  The whole demons and angels thing helps. :)



STATS:

Total Pages Read Last Week: 256
Total Pages Read THIS Week: 539
Books Reading for Review: 5
Books Reading for Fun: 6
Total Books Currently Reading: 11
Total Books Read This Year: 57




WHAT'S NEXT:
(Obviously I didn't get to 3 out of the 4 from last week because I started reading 
other books I had not planned on reading.  Oops.)



 



What are you reading right now?  What did you just finish?  What book are you looking forward to reading next?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!