July 10, 2014

Short 'n Sweet Mini Reviews




Dark Bayou (The Dark Trilogy #1) by Nancy K. Duplechain
This supernatural story set in the bayou is eerily creepy, yet a refreshing take on family ties.  I liked the characters a lot and the plot pulled me in and got me to keep turning the pages.  I would like to read the next book in the series.  

4 STARS






A Burnable Book by Bruce Holsinger

I got this book from Michele at A Reader's Respite, and I totally trust her recommendations, so I am not sure what happened with this one.  Initially I was loving it- the crime over the mysterious book and what the book means in terms of the future of England.  But then by 150 pages in, I finally gave up.  I found myself getting through it slower and slower, and making excuses not to pick it up.  It genuinely might have something to do with the fact I haven't been in a historical fiction mood much this summer.  Maybe my timing for reading it was just off.  Maybe I wanted Holsinger to just get to the point already.

*Abandoned*


Forgive My Fins (Fins #1) by Tera Lynn Childs

I really liked this mermaid tale. I love the bad boy Quince, even though Lily hates him. I am something of a bad boy lover myself, been dating one for 5 years. :) I also love how the book ends both predictably AND unpredictably at the same time. Very well done. Not the same old story. I also liked that it was its own book and I don't have to read the 2nd in the series to find out the ending of this one, though I will definitely be picking it up anyway- it was a cute and fun story!

4 STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!