July 2, 2014

Quarterly Review: April-June

Here are some statistics on what's been happening on the blog since the beginning of April. You can also check out the last Quarterly Review.  These quarterly reviews give me some interesting insight to help me plan for the next three months.


BOOKS REVIEWED:
1. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
2. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
3. The Necromancer by P.M. Richter
4. Dark Eden by Chris Beckett
5. Fates by Lanie Bross
6. Alpha Goddess by Amalie Howard
7. Burden by Lila Felix
8. The Anatomy of Dreams by Chloe Benjamin 
9. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
10. Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
11. Skylark by Meagan Spooner


I have read many more books than I have reviewed this quarter. I need to get some review writing done!


MOST VIEWED BLOG POSTS:

1. Thanks for Reading, But It's Not Good Enough for Judgy McJudgerson and Snobby Snobby Get a Hobby
2. Advice I'd Give Myself Back When I Was a New Blogger 
3. Armchair BEA Intro! 
4.National Poetry Month Blog Tour: The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda
5. Why I Love World Lit 
6. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry Made Me Believe in Humanity Again
7. Armchair BEA: Expanding Blogging Horizons and Novellas/Short Stories 
8. Future Armchair Travels: Armchair BEA 
9. So I Went to a Book Sale and Bought All the Books 
10. Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren't Books) That I'd Like to Own



POSTS WITH MOST COMMENTS: 

1. Armchair BEA Intro!  
2. Advice I'd Give Myself Back When I Was a New Blogger 
3.Thanks for Reading, But It's Not Good Enough for Judgy McJudgerson and Snobby Snobby Get a Hobby 
4. Armchair BEA: Expanding Blogging Horizons and Novellas/Short Stories 
5. Armchair BEA: Author Interaction & More Than Just Words
6. Future Armchair Travels: Armchair BEA 
7. So I Went to a Book Sale and Bought All the Books
8. My Top 10 Guilty Pleasures
8. April Readathon Intro Post
9. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry Made Me Believe in Humanity Again
10. I Made Some Bookish Art!


As expected, book reviews do not get viewed or commented on that often. This is nothing new.   I expected my Armchair BEA posts to be high on both lists.  I am pleased that posts like my bookish art and Why I Love World Lit are included so yay!


OTHER STATS:

Most Popular Book Review (other than A.J. Fikry, already listed) - The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Most Popular Cover Discover - Cover Discover: Birds  
Most Popular Books A to Z - Loss
Most Popular British Isles Friday - A Helpful Link
Most Popular Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren't Books) That I'd Like to Own

I have kind of slacked on Cover Discover and Books A to Z lately.  I wasn't sure anyone cared much but then I actually had someone tell me they missed it, so I will go back to it.



WHAT'S COMING UP IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS:

JULY:
1. Books to Read to Celebrate Independence Day
2. July is Anti-Boredom Month and I am bringing you some cool books to help your kids stave off mid-summer boredom.
3. For the month of July I will be running guest posts on Classics and Historical Fiction over at Book Bloggers International.   If you want to participate, we still have a few slots!


AUGUST:
1. I will be reading and reviewing a Romance book for Romance Awareness Month.  Yeah, I know.  A romance.  Wonders never cease, right?
2. August 9th is Book Lover's Day, whose purpose is to encourage people to find a place in the shade and relax with a good book.  I think I can handle that!
3. It is Native American Heritage Month in August so I will be celebrating that with books and other fun.


SEPTEMBER:
1. Latino Heritage Month Celebration in Books
2. Special Announcement of the Travel the World in Books Readathon I'm helping to host!



This summer is going to be awesome!






Share any thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!