July 11, 2014

Bringing Blogger Shout-Outs Back! Woot!


A weekly feature in which I give credit to YOU!


I am bringing back Blogger Shout Outs to the blog.  I miss being able to give extra love and support to blog posts that I thoroughly enjoy each week.  I haven't read blog posts in 2 weeks so I might have some older posts than this week in the mix this time.

I will first look at awesome book review posts, then awesome discussion/non-review posts, and then give a shout-out to my commenters, because you rock.



BEST BOOK REVIEWS I READ THIS WEEK:
1. Jennifer's review of Last Night at the Blue Angel by Rebecca Rotert made me want to move it up my TBR list!
2. Christina @ Reading Extensively introduced me to The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi and I must read it NOW.
3. I enjoyed reading about Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas over on The Infinite Curio.  It is about a trio of friends who go to Aruba on Spring Break but one of them ends up murdered. 
4. Michele of A Reader's Respite never fails to crack me up when she gets all snarky.  Read her snarky post on Rainbow Rowell's Landline.


AWESOME DISCUSSION/NON-REVIEW POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
1. I enjoyed Sara's interview with author Emily Rabbe on The Hiding Spot.
2. Andi of Estella's Revenge put together a collection of Slump-Busting Non Fiction reads.
3. Shannon's Top Ten Blogging Confessions @ River City Reading looked pretty much almost exactly how mine would look.  So if you are interested in what mine would be, go take a look at hers!
4. Florinda pictures what life would be like without blogging (Read: It's not nearly as awesome!)


UPCOMING/CURRENT BOOKISH EVENTS:
Fairytaletwist

1. Fairytale with a Twist Readathon this weekend, hosted by Kim from Fantasy is More Fun and Michelle from Because Reading is Better Than Real Life.

Cook it up Challenge

2. Trish of Love, Laughter, and Insanity is hosting a Cookbook Challenge called Cook It Up!

3. The Estella Society is hosting an East of Eden Readalong that starts July 21st.


GIVEAWAYS

1. Heather @ Capricious Reader is hosting a giveaway for Landline by Rainbow Rowell

2. Amy @ Passages to the Past is giving away a copy of Wars of the Roses: Stormbird by Conn Iggulden, as well as a copy of Go Away Home by Carol Bodensteiner

3. Kayla of Bibliophilia, Please is giving away a copy of Vortex (Insignia #2) by S.J. Kincaid as part of a book blog tour.


THANK YOU, COMMENTERS!
1. Tanya M.
2. Michelle Miller
3. Andi
4. Amber Ostheimer
5. Bermudaonion (Kathy)
6. Caspette
7. Tasha B.
8. Melinda @ The Book Musings
9. Guiltless Reading
10. Charleen Lynette
11. Charlene @ Book Whimsy
12. Vicki @ I'd Rather Be at the Beach
13. Diane D.
14. Irene McKenna
15. Stephanie @ Flirting with Fiction
16. Bryan G. Robinson



2014 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD
*I will be awarding the top 6 commenters with some bookish swag at the end of the year!*

1. Tanya M.
2. Michelle Miller
3.
4.
5.
6.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!