Introducing the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge!!!
I would like to introduce to you a new reading challenge that is right up my alley. It is called the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge. This challenge was pioneered by Tanya M. over at Mom's Small Victories after the Around the World in 80 Books challenge disappeared. She asked Savvy Working Gal and I to help host because we, too, love books that take us around the world. So yay! Update: Now we have 2 more awesome hosts, Guiltless Reader and Lucy of Fictional 100!
This is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" challenge. Keep reading to discover what we mean by that!
Travel the world in books, of course! Expand your horizons and read books set in or written by authors from countries other than the one you live in. Visit as many different countries in books as you wish.
And the “rules” are simply this…YOU choose your own adventure! These are your goals but you can change them any time.
1. Determine length of time you will participate in the challenge. Just one month, An entire season, a year or 5 years?
2. Determine how many countries you would like to read about during your adventure. What criteria are you using to determine the number of countries you read about (ex. book setting, author background or both)?
3. How will you track the countries you visited in books? You could create a map in Google Maps, track on your blog or on a Goodreads shelf.
4. Determine your book list or genre if you like. Will you be listing specific books you would like to read? Do you aim to read fiction, nonfiction or a mixture of both?
5. Link up your posts. Linkies will be available for sign up/goals, wrap up, and a linky for each continent for you to add your book reviews whenever you are ready.
6. Please follow each of our 3 hosts by at least one social media or bloglovin, RSS, GFC so you can keep informed of news, updates and events regarding this challenge. We have a Travel the World in 80 Books Readathon in the works for September!
So, check it. You are literally in charge of how you want to participate! How flexible are WE? I can't tell you how excited I am for this!
What do you say? Want to participate? Check out these links below! The challenge starts today and lasts....as long as you want it to!
Since August 2014, I've been to: Australia - 3 times Austria - 1 time Bahamas - 1 time China - 1 time Democratic Republic of Congo - 1 time England - 2 times Egypt - 1 time France - 3 times Hong Kong - 1 time India - 1 time Japan - 1 time Lebanon - 1 time Mexico - 1 time Nigeria - 2 times Philippines - 1 time Scotland - 1 time Sweden - 1 time U.S. (Native American) - 1 time