June 6, 2014

British Isles Friday: A Helpful Link


So I found this and thought it was a really easy to understand explanation of the difference between Great Britain, the United Kingdom, and the British Isles.  Because I have to say I was still a little confused about the difference between the UK and the British Isles!



Soon, I hope, I will have a review to post for British Isles Friday, as I am currently halfway finished with Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Headley, and about 1/4 of the way done with A Burnable Book by Bruce Holsinger, both of which take place in England, albiet centuries apart.  Elizabeth is Missing is contemporary while A Burnable Book takes place in Chaucer's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!