April 23, 2014

I Made Some Bookish Art :)

As you may or may not know, I have been really into drawing, painting, and plain old doodling this year.  Tonight I decided to make some bookish art.   Obviously I am not that good at drawing yet, but, hey, it's fun so whatevs, right!

Here is the full picture:




Here are the books closer up so you can see what I did.  (And also because I KNOW you want to know the book titles, you book voyeur, you.)  Sorry it's a bit blurry.  Camera phone.




I used pen and ink, colored pencils, and a Sharpie gold paint pen, which, in hindsight, probably wasn't the best medium for such a small space.  

If you can't read the book titles, they are in order:

(The) Kite Runner (by Khaled Hosseini)
Cleopatra (a Life by Stacy Schiff)
(Works by Lord Alfred) Tennyson 
Harry Potter (doesn't specify which one)
Becoming Jane (by Kevin Hood)
The Piano Teacher (by Janice Y. K. Lee)
Shakespeare
Veil of Roses (by Laura Fitzgerald)
The Collected Poems of Pablo Neruda
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Middlesex (by Jeffrey Eugenides)
The Color Purple (by Alice Walker)
The Whole Golden World (by Kristina Riggle)
Olive Kitteridge (by Elizabeth Strout)
Sultana (by Lisa J. Yarde)



I am sure I will make more bookish art in the future.  I'm already attempting sloppily stacked books, which is harder to do than it looks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!